Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

? Washing a cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 07:03 AM
green18
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? Washing a cover

My Wolf cover is now about a year old and every time I take it off I'm noticing a lot of dust on my '01 Navy coupe and i think it's time to wash the cover. I know that it will not fit into my our machine at home so I'll have to take it to a commercial laundry to use a larger machine and I'm looking for some advice on what kind of detergent to use and any other tips that someone may have that has done this. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:23 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

From the Wolf site.

Car Cover Cleaning Instructions:
-Hand wash only
-Use a mixture of 2 gallons of water to 12 oz. of an all purpose cleaner like Fantastick
-Clean soiled area using a soft cloth
-Rinse with cool water and allow to dry
-Rinse both inside and outside of cover with hose to remove dust
-Put back on car to dry

http://www.wolfautocovers.com/shipping.html
Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 PM
SUNNYD 95
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car cover washing

Hey Green, I washed my cover at the local laundromat in the oversized washer, not a problem. DO NOT dry it in the clothes drier, It WILL shrink. And shrink ALOT. I found out the hard way. Take it home and install it over your car wet and you'll be okay.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:14 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I have a Wolf that I purchased in 2000.

I take mine to the local laudromat and use a large tumble-type washer. (The kind that say "No Horse Blankets" because they hold a large amount.)

I use a 1/2 cup of either 409 or Fastastic spray cleaner for soap. Do not use regular laundry soap.

Air dry after wash. DO NOT put it in a large dryer. It will get damaged.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:27 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

I have heard Woolite and use the washer at laundry mat that doesn't have the agiator in the middle. Do not dry. Let air dry.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:23 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I bought a CALIFORNIA CAR COVER "Superweave" that is home machine washable and dryable. It's prevents dust, weather resistant and folds up small enough to fit into the cubby holes.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:51 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hotwheels57
I bought a CALIFORNIA CAR COVER "Superweave" that is home machine washable and dryable. It's prevents dust, weather resistant and folds up small enough to fit into the cubby holes.

How much was it and where did you buy it from ?
Old 09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Mid-America 89.95 Coverbond evolution car cover.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mrosa65
I assuming you're asking me that question. The CALIFORNIA CAR COVER COMPANY "Superweave" cover was just over $300.00 and they sent me a new storage bag. This is about the 5th cover I've ordered from them.
"Superweave" is a state-of-the-art fabric that utilizes Nextec® encapsulation technology to provide superior protection against the elements. "Superweave" sheds water and dries in minutes. It also folds down to a compact size. In addition, it is treated for UV resistance, mold and mildew, and keeps dust, and other pollutants away from paint, chrome, and other surfaces. Superweave" drapes better and isn't affected by heat or cold. It's home washer and dryer safe. It looks like a nylon material, but it's very soft to the paint surface.

Now available in 8 new colors. Choose from black, bright blue, sky blue, green, grey, red, taupe and yellow. You can also mix-and-match any two fabric colors to customize your cover, with the top panel in one color and the side panels in the second color. Superweave features a variety of benefits, including unsurpassed moisture and pollutant/dust protection. Additionally, it's exceptionally breathable, allowing moisture and heat to escape. Considered to be one of our top-of-the-line car cover fabrics. It is the only material that can be washed and dried in your home machines. It features a limited four-year warranty.

Last edited by hotwheels57; 09-05-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:24 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hotwheels57
I assuming you're asking me that question. The CALIFORNIA CAR COVER COMPANY "Superweave" cover was just over $300.00 and they sent me a new storage bag. This is about the 5th cover I've ordered from them.
"Superweave" is a state-of-the-art fabric that utilizes Nextec® encapsulation technology to provide superior protection against the elements. "Superweave" sheds water and dries in minutes. It also folds down to a compact size. In addition, it is treated for UV resistance, mold and mildew, and keeps dust, and other pollutants away from paint, chrome, and other surfaces. Superweave" drapes better and isn't affected by heat or cold. It's home washer and dryer safe. It looks like a nylon material, but it's very soft to the paint surface.
HW

Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To ? Washing a cover

Quick Reply: ? Washing a cover