Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Car Care Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Car Care Discussion
Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette Sponsored by
Auto Geek

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 09-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
C5Vert4Jeff
CF Senior Member

Default Removing tire tracks from driveway?

What's the best product to use to remove tire tracks from my driveway. I was told that a power washer will remover the protective coating. Thanks in advance.
C5Vert4Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
mrosa65
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Vert4Jeff
What's the best product to use to remove tire tracks from my driveway. I was told that a power washer will remover the protective coating. Thanks in advance.
Is your driveway plain concrete, asphalt or is it painted ?

For plain concrete, a pressure washer with some concrete cleaner will do the trick.

You can also try some clorox bleach and water with a good bristle driveway broom if you don't own a pressure washer.
mrosa65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
C5Vert4Jeff
CF Senior Member

I have plain concrete. I'll give the clorox a shot. I noticed a contractor on my way in to work using soft scrub and a brush.

Thanks for the advice.
C5Vert4Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
mrosa65
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad I could help. I use chlorox in a garden sprayer mixed with water. I wet the concrete with water from the hose, spray the driveway in sections using the chlorox and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I rinse it off with the hose and it looks brand new.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
Z06-Goose
CF Senior Member

www.oileater.com
Z06-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
black bart
CF Senior Member

A Heavy-Duty Floor Cleaner
Here's a recipe for a solution that will remove extra-tough dirt and grime from asphalt, glazed or unglazed ceramic tile, concrete, flagstone, and slate floors:

Mix 1⁄4 cup low-sudsing, all-purpose cleaner; 1 cup ammonia; and 1⁄2 gallon cool or cold water. Caution: Wear rubber gloves, and work in a well-ventilated area when using this powerful solution.
Apply the solution to the floor with a sponge mop, using pressure for heavily soiled areas; rinse with cool, clear water for spotless results.
Dry with a soft cloth.
black bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
easyrider13
CF Senior Member

If you're using bleach, be careful not to get rinse water on your grass. It could kill it.

I use a power washer on mine, but I bet that Greased Lightning would do a good job.
easyrider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
mrosa65
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider13
If you're using bleach, be careful not to get rinse water on your grass. It could kill it.

I use a power washer on mine, but I bet that Greased Lightning would do a good job.
On my driveway I have a nice border on the edges thanks to my lawn service I don't spray the water hard, just use it with an open hose and wash the water down the driveway. I'm also using a diluted mix so I've never had any problems with my lawn. When it's done it looks like brand new concrete though.

Thompson's also makes a good concrete sealer. After it's clean and dry, you can put that down which will help protect it for a year or so.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Car Care Discussion
Reload this Page Removing tire tracks from driveway?

Tags
black, cement, clean, cleaning, concrete, drive, driveway, marks, offof, photo, remove, removing, solution, tire, tracks, wet