Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zoop v Rejex for CCWs

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Chief777
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Zoop v Rejex for CCWs

So I was told this was the wrong question for C5 General. So let's try it here.

Anyone use either of these products on polished wheels? What's the best? Seems Zoop has gotten some recent media coverage. Is it any good? Any issues with either of these? I'll be using this on a set of CCWs
Old 10-02-2006, 06:17 AM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Sorry, can't help you but am interested in the answer to your question as I have heard of this stuff called Zoop
Old 10-02-2006, 09:05 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I have investigated both and found Zoop to be a lot of trouble and VERY expensive. Considering this and poor feedback from people that have used it I went the sealant route. I tried both Rejex since I heard how well it was supposed to repeled dust and Zaino Z2p and have found that as far as repelling dust there was no difference between the two and that Zaino was more durable so I am using Zaino on both my painted and aluminum wheels with greaat success. I usually use Mothers Billet and/or Simichrome to bring up the shine on the aluminum wheels and then Zaino Z2p to protect them.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I too have High polished uncoated wheels. I contacted Zoop as a vendor to try the stuff. You would have sworn they were selling platnium bricks. I found out during this time that many people were complaining that it is hard to use, and leaves a light milky appearance. So they lost a tester and likely a referral process if worked as advertised.

So naturally I hit all the sealants mentioned above, and have not found a single one that lasts longer than a month. The heat in this area seems to break (no pun) them down quickly. Because our DP Wheel Glaze offers some cleaning ability , I have stuck with it. Easy to wipe on and off and gives you a month of car wash and water. I have also experimented with Klasse AIO and get around 5-6 weeks max and it cleans rather well also.

I will tell you that several products are now offered for high polish wheels. The only one that I have used with good success is the Duragless Wheel Brighter (careful there is two) but it is obviously very strong . You spray on cool wheels, allow to sit, and spray off. Works rather well, and I use it every 4 weeks.

The only other offering I can bring to the table is that P21S makes a polishing soap (natural ingredients) that you can use to clean these wheels. It will leave the tarnish gone and wheels a light milky color. A quick wipe with any metal polish (I like Mothers with my Powerball Mini) and they are "brand new" in appearance.

Get notified of new replies

To Zoop v Rejex for CCWs

Quick Reply: Zoop v Rejex for CCWs