Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino vs RejeX and others

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Corvette 2007
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino vs RejeX and others

Would someone give any objective info regarding Zaino, RejeX, or other products? Please give more than "I use Zaino" Be objective ie easy of use, finish look, maintenance. Thanks
Old 11-25-2006, 11:19 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

I use Zaino products on my C6, I have never tried RejeX. I think Zaino is very easy to use and gives really good results.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

I tried Rejex on my paint over Zaino-no improvement really noticed.
I used the Rejex on my chrome rims on my 03Z before I traded it in & it made them look NEW! People even asked me if I got new rims.
Zaino is easy on/off, & less is more! It lasts long & smells good. You just have to wait for it to cure/set/dry before wiping it off, & it has to be ordered on line.
There is a store near me that actually sells it I've discovered.
I've tried McGuiars & it's easy to get & cheaper, I think.
It does NOT last as long, but wipes on & off with no wait.
I stayed w/ Zaino. Other opinion will vary.

Ron
Old 11-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Beach21
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.Ron
I tried Rejex on my paint over Zaino-no improvement really noticed.
I used the Rejex on my chrome rims on my 03Z before I traded it in & it made them look NEW! People even asked me if I got new rims.
Zaino is easy on/off, & less is more! It lasts long & smells good. You just have to wait for it to cure/set/dry before wiping it off, & it has to be ordered on line.
There is a store near me that actually sells it I've discovered.
I've tried McGuiars & it's easy to get & cheaper, I think.
It does NOT last as long, but wipes on & off with no wait.
I stayed w/ Zaino. Other opinion will vary.

Ron
Old 11-25-2006, 11:29 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will get a lot of positive Zaino responses, but I have never used it myself. I have however, used many many different brands of polishes and waxes. Blitz Wax, Turtle Wax, McGuiars, Mothers, Zymol, Griots, etc. I once thought the best results I had was with the 3 stage system from Mothers, which it is very good, but the one I now use, and will stick with is Rejex. I wash the car, Claybar the entire thing, and then use Rejex. It looks fantastic, is smooth as glass, and "stuff" doesn't stick to it. I now use it on all of my cars, and have been happy with the results on all. EASY to apply, and I let it haze for a while, and it is easy to remove. I get better results with this process than I ever did with the three stage systems, with barely the amount of work involved. Also, other than Rejex, I also like the Griots products. I've used their Sealant, Spray on Wax, and Speed Shine and they are all very good. Griots Sealant is by far the easiest product to use, and provides good protection and shine. Also, for maintenance, after washing your car, you can use Griots Spray On Wax between waxing if you feel the need.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 AM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm a Zaino bigit but for good reason. It works, it is easy to apply (after the first application - more about that later) and lasts forever. I have used Rejex and still do for windows and wheels. I've found that Rejex just doesn't last as long as Zaino. Now if you are the kind that waxes every month, Zaino and Rejex are similar in shine and longevity is not important. One big drawback to Rejex, if you follow the rules on the bottle is the 12 hour cure time after application before it sees the sun.
As far as folks saying Zaino is a PITA to apply. Not true. The first application is a long process, but most of the steps should be done for any wax. After the first application Zaino is a 45 minute job, and you can drive right out into the sun when you are done...
Old 11-26-2006, 12:08 AM
greengo
Drifting

Use Zaino on the car (14 coats so far) and Rejex on the rear end...

The Rejex seems to shed the dust better but the Zaino gives me that "What do you use on that car?" shine
Old 11-26-2006, 12:20 AM
benspruce
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had very positive results with an inexpensive auto bath solution to wash the car, then pure carnuba wax leaves protection and a deep shine.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:26 AM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have tried Zaino Z2/ZFX , Menzerna FMJ and Blackfire sealants and find that Zaino Z2/ZFX gives the best look and longest lasting protection. Having said that, I dont use the "Zaino System", prefering to polish my silver cars first with either Menzerna or P21S polish, followed by Menzerna Glaze and then the Zaino Z2. Really gives the metal flakes pop and I find it lasts just as long as using Zaino Z2 solo.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:31 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used both, and for someone like me who waxes their car every other month,either was fine. I like Zaino more just because I can get it locally though a re-seller.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:33 AM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

THIS IS REJEX.
Easy on, Easy off, no mixing.
Use> All clear coat, chrome, glass, inside & out.
Leaves behind a slippery, dripping wet gloss. A state-of-the-art sealant.

After every wash I spray Griots Spray On Wax while it's still wet & dry, Great shine.
As a QD Griots Speed Shine.

Last edited by Guitarstar; 11-26-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:51 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette 2007
Would someone give any objective info regarding Zaino, RejeX, or other products? Please give more than "I use Zaino" Be objective ie easy of use, finish look, maintenance. Thanks
you really can't get that answer, because the differences are mostly subjective - the look, ease of application, etc.

The only facts are
  1. both are synthetic sealants, so would expect similar application / removal
  2. both should be prepared with wash, clay, polish, before the final sealant step
  3. both are inexpensive, when you calculate cost per coat ($0.49 per coat of Z2Pro, for example) and factor in their durability.
  4. you can't tell anything by just looking at a pic of a shiny car - because healthy paint will look fantastic with no sealant at all applied.

everything else you'll get can only be opinions. You'll have to just try them and make up your own mind. Start with whichever you think is easier to get or less expensive.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Search Engine
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a link for my findings when I tested both products.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1231190

Your needs may vary from mine. I wanted to find a product that filled most/all of my needs and carried a full line of car care products so I didn't have to play mad scientist and try to guess what would/wouldn't work with it. Zaino filled my needs. Before Zaino, I was a long time Meg's and Mothers user. They also offer complete lines of products that are made to work with each other.

Rejex is a good product for what it is. It was developed for the military for aircraft use. I've heard many people refer to it as a "stand alone" product. It's not though. It's a single product that needs additional products (paint cleaners, QD's, etc...). To me, a stand alone product is more along the lines of an "all-in-one". I didn't want to have to guess which QD would work with it, which car wash would harm or remove it, etc... I still use rejex for certain things, such as my chrome rims and my bathroom mirrors and glass shower doors though. I found on *MY* paint, it gave a very plastic shine, that's why I use it on my chrome, makes it look outstanding. For my paint, I wanted a lot more depth though.

Last edited by mrosa65; 11-26-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:49 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Here are a few more...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1225233

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1189857
Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
mkiv808
Safety Car

Does a car with 5 miles really need to be clayed?

I'm picking up my C6 this week and want to Zaino it right away and am wondering that.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:23 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mkiv808
Does a car with 5 miles really need to be clayed?

I'm picking up my C6 this week and want to Zaino it right away and am wondering that.
It's not always about how many miles it has, but what the paint has been exposed to since it was applied.

Simple test, wash and dry your car thoroughly. Take a plastic baggie and put your fingers into it and gently slide it across your paint. If it feels "gritty", then you should use clay on it.

Try the baggie test again after you have used the clay. There should be a big difference in the feel.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino vs RejeX and others

Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Old 11-26-2006, 05:27 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

I've been using Rejex on my chrome wheels and I love it. The brake dust wipes right off wth a damp cloth.
I haven't used it on the body though.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Gearhead65
Racer

I just got my C6 a couple weeks ago. I researched and chose Zaino because it appeared to be the longest lasting product. (less coats per year.) I also liked the anti-static properties of Z6 Quick Detail. Those are pretty much the 2 items that sold me. Other than that, I got to think most high end products will give a GREAT shine. I did not find Zaino a difficult system to apply/remove.

Quick Reply: Zaino vs RejeX and others