Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Old 04-08-2007, 05:09 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 69er
With ZCS easy application,fantastic shine and if it last 3 months instead of the 9 months advertised,it's a bargain.
I'll easily get at least 15-18 applications....maybe more.
I like using a more than instructed.
It's a fantastic product.
Will you wash the car first then CS it or do the whole Zaino process then at the end use the CS on it?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:29 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Will you wash the car first then CS it or do the whole Zaino process then at the end use the CS on it?

I've cleaned the paint with ZAIO and applied Z2 and then ZCS a few weeks ago.
One could just use ZCS on clean paint.
No real need to use Z2 but I'm **** and wanted to throw a coat on before ZCS.
Now every couple of times times I wash my vehicles I'll take an extra few minutes to apply another coat of ZCS.

No real need to add another coat of ZCS but it can't hurt.
It can be layered.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 13 Year Zaino User

I began using Zaino first on my '03 "Terminator" (Cobra Mustang) then my C6 Z06 and now I will be using Zaino on my 1 week old 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

I am very curious about the Clear Seal and how well it works. Could it be said that it is shinier than an application of Z2/ZFX/Grand Finale? That would be hard for me to believe but possible I guess.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-02-2016, 09:24 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Exterminator
I began using Zaino first on my '03 "Terminator" (Cobra Mustang) then my C6 Z06 and now I will be using Zaino on my 1 week old 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

I am very curious about the Clear Seal and how well it works. Could it be said that it is shinier than an application of Z2/ZFX/Grand Finale? That would be hard for me to believe but possible I guess.

Any thoughts?
I use ZCS for many years now. Though it costs $30.00 that bottle has lasted and continues to last me for 5 years + now. It's more of a protectant than for shine.

How do you like that Hellcat?
I haven't seen any of those around here and very few of the SRT Challengers. If any I only see R/T Challengers then all of what is on the road here are the SXT Challengers the bread and butter V6 cars.

I would love to get a Hellcat Challenger as my next new car but they are all marked up if you can find any for sale.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

I use ZCS for many years now. Though it costs $30.00 that bottle has lasted and continues to last me for 5 years + now. It's more of a protectant than for shine.

How do you like that Hellcat?
I haven't seen any of those around here and very few of the SRT Challengers. If any I only see R/T Challengers then all of what is on the road here are the SXT Challengers the bread and butter V6 cars.

I would love to get a Hellcat Challenger as my next new car but they are all marked up if you can find any for sale.
So long as the value is there $30/bottle can be a reasonable price. By value I mean that the product serves a good, meaningful purpose and that is good for many coats. It sounds like it is good for many coats, I just wonder about its ability to protect the finish.

My wife and I just finished 3 coats of Z2 and the Hellcat looks wet. I love it.

I only have 640 miles on the Hellcat, believe it or not I have yet to do anything nearly approaching full throttle. Even at half to 2/3 throttle the car is just plain crazy fast. And the 8 speed auto is remarkably quick shifting, so much better than my Z06's Tremec.

The interior is very nice, it came with a superb leather they call Laguna Leather, and the entire interior is extremely well appointed. The Hellcat is a great statement of American build quality at a reasonable price.

I got mine for just enough over sticker to cover shipping, I told my local dealer that I had found one in Minnesota at sticker and how much it would cost to ship the car out to California. That was the most I would pay. I was surprised when he agreed. If that deal fell through I had a Charger SRT 392 already ordered.

As I said, even at 2/3 throttle the car is so fast that I have to be very careful where I get on it. Tomorrow I plan on getting out to a safe location to try some full throttle runs. I forgot to mention all of the features that allow you to customize the ride, the transmission shifting, etc.

The handling is so good that you would never know the car is over 4,000#. I can't say enough good things about it, but I will say that it feels so much better than any car I have driven to date. While it's probably difficult to find a test drive in a Hellcat you can easily get a test drive in an SRT 392 which will give you at least some idea how the handling and the 8 speed auto work together. Just imagine an extra 200+ HP. Oh by the way, these dyno at around 669 HP which means the real crankshaft HP is closer to 770 than 707. Somebody was either dyslexic or trying to fool the insurance companies.

Last edited by Exterminator; 04-02-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:23 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

So long as the value is there $30/bottle can be a reasonable price. By value I mean that the product serves a good, meaningful purpose and that is good for many coats. It sounds like it is good for many coats, I just wonder about its ability to protect the finish.

My wife and I just finished 3 coats of Z2 and the Hellcat looks wet. I love it.

I only have 640 miles on the Hellcat, believe it or not I have yet to do anything nearly approaching full throttle. Even at half to 2/3 throttle the car is just plain crazy fast. And the 8 speed auto is remarkably quick shifting, so much better than my Z06's Tremec.

The interior is very nice, it came with a superb leather they call Laguna Leather, and the entire interior is extremely well appointed. The Hellcat is a great statement of American build quality at a reasonable price.

I got mine for just enough over sticker to cover shipping, I told my local dealer that I had found one in Minnesota at sticker and how much it would cost to ship the car out to California. That was the most I would pay. I was surprised when he agreed. If that deal fell through I had a Charger SRT 392 already ordered.

As I said, even at 2/3 throttle the car is so fast that I have to be very careful where I get on it. Tomorrow I plan on getting out to a safe location to try some full throttle runs. I forgot to mention all of the features that allow you to customize the ride, the transmission shifting, etc.

The handling is so good that you would never know the car is over 4,000#. I can't say enough good things about it, but I will say that it feels so much better than any car I have driven to date. While it's probably difficult to find a test drive in a Hellcat you can easily get a test drive in an SRT 392 which will give you at least some idea how the handling and the 8 speed auto work together. Just imagine an extra 200+ HP. Oh by the way, these dyno at around 669 HP which means the real crankshaft HP is closer to 770 than 707. Somebody was either dyslexic or trying to fool the insurance companies.
Is your Z-06 an automatic if so how does it compare with the 8 spd. auto on Hellcat? Hellcat is more comfortable and smoother to drive than Z-06 Corvette? Alot more space should be comfortable.
I already test drove an SRT 6 spd. manual in 2014 and that will pin you against the seat.

ZCS is durable and will last.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Is your Z-06 an automatic if so how does it compare with the 8 spd. auto on Hellcat? Hellcat is more comfortable and smoother to drive than Z-06 Corvette? Alot more space should be comfortable.
I already test drove an SRT 6 spd. manual in 2014 and that will pin you against the seat.

ZCS is durable and will last.
No, unfortunately, my Z06 had the Tremec 6 speed in it. The 8 speed Torqueflite is absolutely solid. It has been beefed up for the Hellcat along with the rest of the driveline. Also, the destroked the motor down to 6.2 liters and beefed up the crankshaft, connecting rods, engine block, valves, etc. to handle the extra torque.

The transmission in sport or track mode shifts in 160 milliseconds and under hard acceleration is so solid it feels like you are getting hit in the back with a sledgehammer. There is no mush to this transmission whatsoever.

The interior of the SRT and the Hellcat (which technically is an upgraded SRT) is an upgrade from the rest of the lineup. The Laguna leather skins are soft and supple, very high quality. The interior is demonstrably superior to my Z06 which was loaded.

The car is much more roomy and comfortable than the Z06 and the ride and driving characteristics are completely customizable through the driver control center. You can take it to the track or drive to work and feel right at home in either situation.

I spent a lot of time on the track with my Z06. I am eager to try the Hellcat out on the track, that's really the only place to take it out and safely and legally stretch her legs.

Overall, this car is a real bargain and if you're patient you can find them at MSRP fairly easily.

Last edited by Exterminator; 04-02-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:01 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

No, unfortunately, my Z06 had the Tremec 6 speed in it. The 8 speed Torqueflite is absolutely solid. It has been beefed up for the Hellcat along with the rest of the driveline. Also, the destroked the motor down to 6.2 liters and beefed up the crankshaft, connecting rods, engine block, valves, etc. to handle the extra torque.

The transmission in sport or track mode shifts in 160 milliseconds and under hard acceleration is so solid it feels like you are getting hit in the back with a sledgehammer. There is no mush to this transmission whatsoever.

The interior of the SRT and the Hellcat (which technically is an upgraded SRT) is an upgrade from the rest of the lineup. The Laguna leather skins are soft and supple, very high quality. The interior is demonstrably superior to my Z06 which was loaded.

The car is much more roomy and comfortable than the Z06 and the ride and driving characteristics are completely customizable through the driver control center. You can take it to the track or drive to work and feel right at home in either situation.

I spent a lot of time on the track with my Z06. I am eager to try the Hellcat out on the track, that's really the only place to take it out and safely and legally stretch her legs.

Overall, this car is a real bargain and if you're patient you can find them at MSRP fairly easily.
WHAT year is your Corvette z-06?

Challenger is suppose to be a comfortable cruiser too.
which of the two cars you have has better straight line acceleration?
Old 04-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

WHAT year is your Corvette z-06?

Challenger is suppose to be a comfortable cruiser too.
which of the two cars you have has better straight line acceleration?
My Z06 was naturally aspirated and 2006 so it's not a fair comparison. The 2015 supercharged Z06 will be a close competitor with the Hellcat. The stats I read were 10.95 for the Z06 and 10.8 for the Hellcat in the 1/4 mile. 0 to 60 the Z wins due to lighter curb weight and better tire size to put the power to the ground. They are close enough that I would call it a draw.

Personally, and this is highly subjective, I didn't like the C7 design. It looked too much like something out of Buck Rogers.

I just feel safer and more comfortable in the Challenger with all that steel around me instead of plastic. They are much different categories. The Z06 is a sports car, the Challenger is a muscle car that handles.
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 12:48 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

My Z06 was naturally aspirated and 2006 so it's not a fair comparison. The 2015 supercharged Z06 will be a close competitor with the Hellcat. The stats I read were 10.95 for the Z06 and 10.8 for the Hellcat in the 1/4 mile. 0 to 60 the Z wins due to lighter curb weight and better tire size to put the power to the ground. They are close enough that I would call it a draw.

Personally, and this is highly subjective, I didn't like the C7 design. It looked too much like something out of Buck Rogers.

I just feel safer and more comfortable in the Challenger with all that steel around me instead of plastic. They are much different categories. The Z06 is a sports car, the Challenger is a muscle car that handles.
CHALLENGER is probably the better daily driver car since Corvette you cannot see that well when you park. Vision on front of hood or rear end on Corvette is blind. Can't see where you are going.
Also more room in Challenger for both comfort, servicing and visual looking out since Challenger sits higher than corvette.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:19 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

my opinion , cs is shinier and lasts a long time on vehicle . i do use z6/z8 often so don't know how long cs lasts with no other care . sorry for interrupting the chrysler discussion . . . peace
Old 04-03-2016, 06:08 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bigcypress
my opinion , cs is shinier and lasts a long time on vehicle . i do use z6/z8 often so don't know how long cs lasts with no other care . sorry for interrupting the chrysler discussion . . . peace
The ZCS does last a long time as a stand alone product.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I think CS is worth the try for $30 more than Z8 is worth $20. I think it gives an extra deep shine similar if not even a little better than Z2 and better than Z5. Supposedly it protects like Z2 but you don't have to wipe it off which is nice when you don't have time. I've used maybe a quarter bottle and have done 2-3 coats on the Vette and a couple coats on two of my DD's.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:01 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
I think CS is worth the try for $30 more than Z8 is worth $20. I think it gives an extra deep shine similar if not even a little better than Z2 and better than Z5. Supposedly it protects like Z2 but you don't have to wipe it off which is nice when you don't have time. I've used maybe a quarter bottle and have done 2-3 coats on the Vette and a couple coats on two of my DD's.

I have tried all the Zaino products and find that on white color I prefer the Z-5 shine over the Z-2. (maybe it's just a personal preference?)

So with the ZCS you just spray a light mist of ZCS as the last app. and leave it on without buffing it?...I find this also to save on time and wear and tear on my back and neck.

Last edited by LS WON; 04-03-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Well, as a Zaino user over the past two years, I decided to try their new product, Clear Seal!

Just like advertised, the product went on effortlessly over my Z2 base.

All streaks were gone within several hours leaving a nice shine behind!

I applied the product to all black trim and rubber and they also looked great!

I don't know how long the product will last, but I can tell you one major concern I have - price of the product!

$30 for a small six ounce bottle seems outrageous to me! While the shine is nice, I am not sure if I can justify this type of money for a product that couldn't cost anywhere close to this to make, even with R and D included!

As time goes by, I will let everyone know how durable the product is and how long the shine remains!

With Zaino you have to go with Less is More. When i was using it i nooticed that better results were achieved when a very small amount was used. So if your using less it lasts longer. Everything is relative. The product does last a long time. Doesnt matter which one it is. Very good product if you like the look

Clif
Old 04-05-2016, 06:33 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by z06clif
With Zaino you have to go with Less is More. When i was using it i nooticed that better results were achieved when a very small amount was used. So if your using less it lasts longer. Everything is relative. The product does last a long time. Doesnt matter which one it is. Very good product if you like the look

Clif
Old 04-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I own a high end detailing shop in Silicon Valley and use Zaino products for the final finish. Clear Seal is our "Go To" product on standard details, and the final two coats on a show car finish.
It has some unusual properties that simply bring out the best in the paint. For metallics, it is amazing and draws out the metalflake in the paint.
Had one customer email me after we did his Jag and told me it took him 45 minutes to get out of the gas station because people kept coming over to look at his car.
I have tried many, many other products and none do this.

Because CS is so good, we put a 6 month limited* guarantee on our finish. No other detailer in my area is willing to do that, unless it is a ceramic coating at 3-4 times the price.
*We can't control what happens to a car once it leaves, so we put some conditions on the guarantee... ie no automatic car washes.., etc.
However many customers tell us it lasts much longer than that
Once you learn to use it, you should easily get 30+ coats out of a single bottle and still achieve amazing results.
IMO the price is very inexpensive for what it does.

Get notified of new replies

To My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,542 Likes on 2,158 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I have tried all the Zaino products and find that on white color I prefer the Z-5 shine over the Z-2. (maybe it's just a personal preference?)

So with the ZCS you just spray a light mist of ZCS as the last app. and leave it on without buffing it?...I find this also to save on time and wear and tear on my back and neck.
I dampen my applicator with Z6. Spray the CS on a fender, let's say, and spread it with the applicator. Let it cure. I like to finish with a spritz of Z8 with a good microfiber. Makes it pop even more, plus it makes it more slippery. Gives it a wet look

Old 04-07-2016, 12:21 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by capevettes
I dampen my applicator with Z6. Spray the CS on a fender, let's say, and spread it with the applicator. Let it cure. I like to finish with a spritz of Z8 with a good microfiber. Makes it pop even more, plus it makes it more slippery. Gives it a wet look

Old 05-07-2016, 10:41 PM
REZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Cs

Originally Posted by capevettes

Hey Paul

Car looks great.
Nothing beats Zaino and the CS is incredible.
My new white car really pops with the z5/cs/z8 treatment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My review of Zaino Clear Seal!