Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino -- Maguiar's test, pretty interesting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
tejasvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Zaino -- Maguiar's test, pretty interesting...

I came acorss this site and it might be a dup. but thought it was still interesting.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/...est/index.html
Old 10-29-2007, 04:16 PM
bugn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
HAIL THI$
Pro

That's funny! I've used Zaino before and it was great. But I've also used many other brands and notice great results. Right now I'm using Zymol Wax....I've had numerous people come up (at the track and restuarants) and ask what wax I use. It really brings out the shine and gives a nice glossy finish.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
srpbaer
Pro

Originally Posted by tejasvette
I came acorss this site and it might be a dup. but thought it was still interesting.

Another post with no value what-so-ever!!!! Shine is not the only thing that makes a paint product good or bad...Durability is just as important and most certainly everyone has different opinions!!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
tejasvette
Racer

Originally Posted by srpbaer
Another post with no value what-so-ever!!!! Shine is not the only thing that makes a paint product good or bad...Durability is just as important and most certainly everyone has different opinions!!
Well, sorry to see your opinion of "no value", but like everyone says, you're entitled to that. Fortunately, you are not the only one on the forum and others who are looking into car protection and maintenance will find it valuable.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
mk2pilot
Instructor

Very interesting article. Discounting the swirl hiding ability, my take is that the Zaino offers a high shine, but plastic look to it. Maguiar's Gold gave me a similar gloss, but it had a deeper appearance. Both offered the same degree of wet look. For cost, time, and protection, I stuck with the Maguiar's.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Darth_Vader
Pro

There are many great products out there that I have and haven't tried. All I can say is I feel that ZAINO is the best I have ever tried, and always have people complimenting on the shine. Maybe I am just better using the ZAINO products than I am with the other products...

Nice read, even though I only skimmed since it was so long....
Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
HAIL THI$
Pro

HAHAHA....no value? OKay.....and the "WHAT EXHAUST SOUNDS THE BEST" threads are any better? Its an exhaust! Its going to make it louder. Just like wax....its going to make it shine. But still none of care HOW many times we see it. People are sharing thoughts about cars and products to make them look better. Nothing wrong with this thread....

Once again....my 2 cents
Old 10-29-2007, 04:47 PM
GaussianMist
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, sorry to see your opinion of "no value", but like everyone says, you're entitled to that. Fortunately, you are not the only one on the forum and others who are looking into car protection and maintenance will find it valuable.
I agree.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM
mk2pilot
Instructor

Well if durability is important, then offer an opinion. As it is, your post offered "no value" to those who are looking for testaments of what works best.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM
0SicMSP - Daniel
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mk2pilot
Very interesting article. Discounting the swirl hiding ability, my take is that the Zaino offers a high shine, but plastic look to it. Maguiar's Gold gave me a similar gloss, but it had a deeper appearance. Both offered the same degree of wet look. For cost, time, and protection, I stuck with the Maguiar's.

I went back to the Maguiars too
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
tejasvette
Racer

Originally Posted by HAIL THI$
HAHAHA....no value? OKay.....and the "WHAT EXHAUST SOUNDS THE BEST" threads are any better? Its an exhaust! Its going to make it louder. Just like wax....its going to make it shine. But still none of care HOW many times we see it. People are sharing thoughts about cars and products to make them look better. Nothing wrong with this thread....

Once again....my 2 cents
Thanks!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
entwood
Pro

Thank you for the hard work and sincere effort. I enjoyed the read. I will use your information in my purchasing decision.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

I tried Zaino, and went back to Meguaires. I put the Zaino in the garbage, didn't like it.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
0Rage@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '10

I love and swear by NXT. Goes on so easy, comes off just as easy. Leaves a great shine that I always get compliments on. Even the owner of the Z brand came up to my car at 2 different shows.."Zaino?" "Nope NXT, best on the market." Walked away both times.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good honest and fair article...though it really doesnt go into durability. I dont think Zaino is the end-all though I do use it in combo with other stuff. I polish with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, glaze with Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze and then use Zaino ZFX/Z2 as my sealant. Works great with silver cars (metal flakes pop out) and lasts a good nine months. Your opinion and mileage may differ!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always used Meguiars products. High quality at a fair price. I live at the ocean (30 yards from the water) and need reliable protection from the elements. Maguiars has proven to do that over the years.

Last edited by Jesse; 12-01-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: correct typo

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino -- Maguiar's test, pretty interesting...

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Did anyone notice this is dated Oct. '01? Not exactly current.

But I enjoyed the read, if only by a non-scientist like me.

My own test didn't involve the Big Z product. But I did use Meguiar's NXT, Meguiar's Paint Sealant, and Eagle One's Nanowax.

On a black hood, newly-cleaned. All 3 lasted the same, shined the same (or so close as to not have a noticeable difference) and repelled water and dirt the same. No difference whatsoever. And it helps that the Nano was free due to full-price refund.

I agree that the "shine" I see on cars with Zaino is quite a bit more than my NXT or whatever else I'm using at the time . But it does almost look unrealistic to me in the bright sun. I'm sure it's good for those who use it tho, and that's no critique of their usage.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

With all these different products, I wonder how many have similar ingredients.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Comfortably Numb
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am growing into a detail junky - I own more crap than I'll ever be able to use on my cars. That said, Zaino has worked very well, as has Klasse. I have switched to Menzerna though because they offer what I consider to be more polishing options when combating swirls and micro marring. ZPC is good, but unfortunately not aggressive enough sometimes. Using Menzerna lets me stay in the same family of products.

Quick Reply: Zaino -- Maguiar's test, pretty interesting...