Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Mohawk Scissor Lifts???

Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Default Mohawk Scissor Lifts???

Anyone have either Mohawk Scissor lift? Interested in what you think of it and what you paid for it. Looking to use it more for detailing then under body work.........

http://www.mohawklifts.com/consumer/scissor.php
Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only lift I have experience with is Kwicklift, maybe somone owns the one you seek. FWIW I'll post the info I have-

Kwicklift (manual lift):
To raise a vehicle for detailing, oil change, under body maintenance / cleaning, etc, requires a safe and quickly available vehicle lift; a Kwicklift may be the answer. When it's not in use you have two options. Take it apart and store it (some what heavy and tough to do on a regular basis), or leave it setup in the flat position and just drive on and off of it.

When you need to use the lift; drive the car off, insert the front stands, which now make it like a giant car ramp (add some exterior quality anti-skid tape to the ramps so that the tires don't spin when they are wet) Drive the car on the ramp, insert wheel chocks and then use a floor jack to raise the rear end of the lift, using the large connector bar, as the rear of the lift is raised, there are a set of built in legs that are lowered from underneath. They lock in place and the vehicle is now safely in the raised position, its low profile makes it a very usable if you have limited ceiling height in the garage.

Choose a KwikLift based on the empty weight of your vehicle, not gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) as this is the total the vehicle would weigh if fully loaded with cargo and a few of your favourite 200 lb. friends. Generally, the GVWR can be 1200 lbs. more than the empty vehicle weight - http://www.kwiklift.com
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Thanks, I'm familiar with the Kwiklift but I really want a Scissor lift.

Get notified of new replies

To Mohawk Scissor Lifts???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mohawk Scissor Lifts???