Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

How long do I have to wait?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:06 AM
WSPH
wsph
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do I have to wait?

I just finished applying ZCS to my 04 vert and I would like to follow up with Z6 and Z8. How long do I have to wait to continue? Also the bottle of ZCS says just wipe on no buffing required, is that true, this is my first experience with Zaino products I was using Rejex before and thought I would give Zaino a try Any input appreciated Thanks and Happy Holidays
Old 12-16-2007, 11:38 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the time, you can wait a few hours or till the next day to apply Z8 over ZCS. You don't really have to Z6 before the Z8 unless the car got dusty.

CS- Yes no buffing required.

Try to spray across the panel in a sweeping motion and then a spritz on the pad. Work it back and forth about 3 times. Move onto the next section. You do not need to use allot of the CS. Depending on temp, humidity and how much you put on, it will dry in under 5 mins to sometimes 30 mins. In some extreme cases high humidity or low temp it could take 45 mins to dry.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:53 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Drying time depends on how thick you applied it and the temperature and humidity. I have seem it dry as quick as 10 minutes and take as long as 2 to 3 hours pending on conditions. You will see a rainbow effect until it is fully dry, once that dissapears you can go over it with Z8. As with all Zaino products less is always better.

Yes, just wipe on and walk away. I have noticed that sometimes if you apply it too thick it will want to bead up especially if you are applying CS over previous coats of Z2p or Z5p. If this happens just go over it again with your applicator to re spread it on the panel.

Get notified of new replies

To How long do I have to wait?

Quick Reply: How long do I have to wait?