Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Applying Menzerna Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Applying Menzerna Glaze

Just used Menzerna Intensive Polish, & FPII followed by a NXT. I decided I should of used the Menzerna Glaze prior to waxing, can I do that now? Just go back ad the glaze and rewax or does the wax need to be stripped?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't gospel but I remember reading on the Megs forum that NXT has a very light cleaner in the formula which may remove some or all of the glaze.

You could add it on top of the NXT but a glaze has no durability and will be gone pretty quickly.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:16 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

NXT has kaolin and will strip a glaze like Menzerna so skip it. Next time you polish and are considering a true carnauba as the final protection, then slip the glaze in for a wetter appearance.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
NXT has kaolin and will strip a glaze like Menzerna so skip it. Next time you polish and are considering a true carnauba as the final protection, then slip the glaze in for a wetter appearance.
Thanks for the info Scott, I couldn't remember what the ingredient was. I hit 42 and the memory is already starting to go.

Sixgun - As Scott mentioned you should use a true Carnauba such as Pinnacle Souveran on top of the glaze for a very nice look.

Get notified of new replies

To Applying Menzerna Glaze

Quick Reply: Applying Menzerna Glaze