Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Selecting microfibers for different jobs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Selecting microfibers for different jobs?

There seems to be a lot of different microfibers out there...so maybe a little help on what kind of sets to start off with.

I am now convinced I NEED to get good microfibers now that I've become a detailing freak with my car

The main thing that I use microfibers for would be to spot dry after blow drying with a vacuum and for removing wax and polish.

Should I have separate microfibers for removing different products?

Is there any microfiber "starter kit" that comes with a few different towels for different purposes?

I see on autogeeks site that there are "all purpose", detailing cloths, a miracle towel, polishing cloths, super plush, etc... You can see where I would not be totally sure what to get
Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Dan1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive tried pretty much all of the Cobra MF and dont like them at all. Ive now switched to PakShak MF and its 10000x better. I use the ultra plush for all paint related stuff, polish removal, wax removal, and sealant removal. I use all different colors depending on what its being used for. They also get washed and stored separately. To dry I use the PakShak waffle weave. The only towel I still use from Cobra is their glass towel. For the interior I use some microfiber from Chemical Guys.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dan1
Ive tried pretty much all of the Cobra MF and dont like them at all. Ive now switched to PakShak MF and its 10000x better. I use the ultra plush for all paint related stuff, polish removal, wax removal, and sealant removal. I use all different colors depending on what its being used for. They also get washed and stored separately. To dry I use the PakShak waffle weave. The only towel I still use from Cobra is their glass towel. For the interior I use some microfiber from Chemical Guys.
Have any links to pakshak towels so I can take a look at them?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer Adam's premium MF towels, they run about 9 to 10 bucks a piece so they're not cheap. They're the softest I've seen yet.

Even after a year of weekly (more like daily) use, they still maintain their softness and durability wash after wash.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:26 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

I can't vouch for PakShak because I've never used them, but I suffer enough shipping charges between Zaino and AG that I don't really want a new vender. The Geek provides great service, and the Guzzler Waffle Weave towel is fantastic, in my opinion. A 20x20 (I cut it in half) dries the entire car after blow drying, with no water trails. I also use the Indigo for product removal, and that's all I need. I still use Ralph Lauren for QD application/removal.

Interested to hear how something can be 10000x better than the Cobra Waffle Weave (ok, even 5x as good).
Old 02-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Dan1
Instructor

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Have any links to pakshak towels so I can take a look at them?
pakshak.com

Originally Posted by IAIA
Interested to hear how something can be 10000x better than the Cobra Waffle Weave (ok, even 5x as good).
Dont go by what I say, try it for yourself.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
I can't vouch for PakShak because I've never used them, but I suffer enough shipping charges between Zaino and AG that I don't really want a new vender. The Geek provides great service, and the Guzzler Waffle Weave towel is fantastic, in my opinion. A 20x20 (I cut it in half) dries the entire car after blow drying, with no water trails. I also use the Indigo for product removal, and that's all I need. I still use Ralph Lauren for QD application/removal.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
GS4-LT1
Burning Brakes

I have been using 3 different brands. Mirage brand from Advance Auto, Cobra and Meg's. All 3 are very good and do the job well. Other than price and color, I honestly can not tell the difference in performance. Oh, and I have used the MicroTex from Wal*Mart and was not impressed at all, so I use those for the interior or my wheels.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:01 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Thanks for the advice thus far...I'll check out the guzzler and indigo towel as well as pakshak towels.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Underhood --- general purpose

wax or polish removal --- Indigos, or Edgeless (teal)

quick detailing --- ultra fluffies

drying --- Waffle Weave Drying Towels

glass --- WW MF Towels
Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 PM
2005ArcticWhite
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'18,'20-'21,'24

Get notified of new replies

To Selecting microfibers for different jobs?

Quick Reply: Selecting microfibers for different jobs?