Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Towels

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 10:54 PM
JWilson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towels

I have the fancy fieldcrest towels and after about 10 washes now they are starting to loose their soft touch. I have only used liquid detergent and no bleach or fabric softner. Should I be concerned that they are going to scratch my paint?

Thanks
JOHN
Old 12-15-2001, 11:27 AM
rubyred93
Drifting

Default Re: Towels (JWilson)

You would not have that problem/concern with high quality MicroFiber. :nonod:

Lose of plushness and softness is a non-issue, just doesn't happen. Care of MicroFiber towels is identical to what you have been doing with your cotton towels.

I have been using quality MicroFiber towels for the past year without any incidence of scratching.

:seeya

[Modified by rubyred93, 10:28 AM 12/15/2001]
Old 12-15-2001, 11:45 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I would only use Royal Velvet or Charisma line of Fieldcrest towels. Do you know which of these you have?

I have some Royal Velvet towels that are 1 year old and have lost some of their plush feeling but are still soft. I'm about to switch these over to "wheel towels". Towels do wear out and you should not use them on your paint at some point. I have been told 1 to 2 years of use is about the maximum life of a good towel.

I use a double rinse to make sure I have all of the soap is out of the towels. This might be your problem. You also might try pulling them out of the dryier a little earlier and let them air dry and then fluff them manually or in your dryer with NO HEAT. I would try running them through the wash again WITHOUT SOAP and then pull them out of dryer early for air dry and fluff. If they still feel rough, I wouldn't use them on your paint. I suppose that it is possible that some towels will prematurely wear out. My experience has been good with my towels.

[Modified by JJU, 9:50 AM 12/15/2001]
Old 12-15-2001, 01:46 PM
JWilson
Instructor

Thanks for the replys guys!

I am starting to wonder if I got the cheapy field crest towels instead of the good ones? Since I imediatly cut off all the borders there is no way to find out.

I will try the fluff routine and see if that helps these.

Thanks
JOHN
Old 12-25-2001, 01:51 AM
darkmercury
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Make sure you use the Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Linens and Things coupons... they send 2 every month to place.

Save a few bucks for GAS!!! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Towels

Quick Reply: Towels