Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Sealant over Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Default Sealant over Wax?

Are there any sealants that you can apply directly over wax without them losing their effectiveness. I know most sealant products suggest you remove the old wax first. My Vette is freshly waxed and was wondering if there is a sealant product I can apply on top of the wax. Not sure if it makes any difference but my Vette is VR and the wax is Adam's buttery wax, thanks for your help.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:32 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

waxes contain oils and sealants do not adhere properly to them. You could use an AIO type product with polymer protection over wax as it will likely remove it. Poorboys Polish with Sealant and Klasse AIO are two of these.

Obviously you can just add another wax over a wax without issue. Even a spray wax is another choice and usually quite quick to. Our Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax appears to work well over all waxes and sealants.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:25 PM
tntdominic
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Go to www.bassboatsavers.com and buy some of this stuff. Amazing . . . put it over wax and it will actually protect your shine with sun screen. I bought a gallon and when pouring into the spay bottle spilled some on my hands . . . silky smooth and smells very clean. Awesome detailer.
Cheers.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Thanks I will check it out.
Originally Posted by tntdominic
Go to www.bassboatsavers.com and buy some of this stuff. Amazing . . . put it over wax and it will actually protect your shine with sun screen. I bought a gallon and when pouring into the spay bottle spilled some on my hands . . . silky smooth and smells very clean. Awesome detailer.
Cheers.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
tntdominic
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

David,
Another great product is "Harley Glaze" glaze and sealant; brilliant shine, easy to use and you can get it at any Harley Store or online, just google it. They also have a paste wax S100 that is awesome and wont stain your rubber or vinyl.
Cheers,
Pat
Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Okay, I will give it a look, thanks.QUOTE=tntdominic;1566574400]David,
Another great product is "Harley Glaze" glaze and sealant; brilliant shine, easy to use and you can get it at any Harley Store or online, just google it. They also have a paste wax S100 that is awesome and wont stain your rubber or vinyl.
Cheers,
Pat[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To Sealant over Wax?

Quick Reply: Sealant over Wax?