Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguires NXT wax vs. Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Mark Ducati
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguires NXT wax vs. Zaino

Been using Zaino wash soap, claybar, Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6 and Z8.

Nice finish, but I can still feel these little microscopic imperfections in the paint that feel like a 100micron particle in the paint. I was afraid to get too aggressive with the claybar.

So, My car is clean, no swirls, but I like the smooth silky wax slippery finish that only wax can give. (zaino is a polish not a wax).

So, I bought some Meguires [b]NXT[/url] wax from O'rileys today.

Anybody ever use this stuff?

It was the most expensive wax in the store (not that more money equates quality).

What do you think of NXT? Also bought some "micro fiber" towels to clean it off with.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:19 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

posts like this will only start wars and eventually get locked. Both are nice products and have their users. Typically NXT and NXT2.0 are well liked at retail and offer decent looks, but the durability (length of protection) is much lower than most other paint sealants on the market. Use what you like, and when you see a car looking to way you want ask him/her what they use and most importantly what prep did they do first.

Zaino and NXT are both synthetic waxes (paint sealants) and neither is truly a polish. A polish is an abrasive past meant for correction. Terms can be used differently in car care to help your product stand out. NXT does contain calcified kaolin which is a light paint cleanser, it wont be found in the other product.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 PM
TedG
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried NXT and to be honest it didn't last at all. I like Mothers Synthetic much better, seemed to shine better. In the end I choose Zaino.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:31 AM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino is a synthetic wax basically even though it says polish on the bottle, but it is not an abrasive polish. Waxing terms are confusing for the novice. The Meguiars product you bought will do nothing for the paint contamination you are feeling on the surface, it should be clay barred off. I would return the NXT and get your money back, it will not help you.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...hlight=nxt+2.0

Check my pics and descriptions.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:08 AM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not another Z vs NXT thread.....

Poor search button is soooo neglected.

Josh

IBTL
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Only solution to this is a claybar.

Personally, I love NXT 2.0, TW Ice, and the OTC Zymol (gives a GREAT shine)

I'm not one concerned with durability because I like to wax/seal my car twice a month usually.

The NXT will not give you what you are looking for versus the NXT 2.0.

If you want a richer shine you should try a carnuba based wax and if you want to get rid of the micro elements in your clearcoat you need to claybar.

Get notified of new replies

To Meguires NXT wax vs. Zaino

Quick Reply: Meguires NXT wax vs. Zaino