Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino VS. Adams

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 AM
One Nut
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino VS. Adams

I hate to do this and I hope I'm not breaking any rules. but which product is better to use for a great long lasting protective shine easy to use fairly inexpensive works well...... Detailing system or kit Zaino or Adams... I've only used Zaino on my car and was wondering how Adams stacks up? Besides I'm out of the Zaino and maybe a change is due What do you guys think??

Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Wait 'till I get the zipper up on this flame suit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ok, I think both products are great products and most folks here will swear by Zaino and rightfully so. But just to try something different last year I tried Adams, buying their machine polish/cleaner and machine wax (I had their butter wax already) and what I liked about the Adam's product was that there isn't as many products to choose from and makes for a smaller collection of product. Next year? who knows, I just might try something else.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Well, to be honest the rules do prohibit product X vs. product Y comparisons because it eggs on the fanboys. But personally, I am a Zaino fan. I won't list my reasons for being pro-Zaino or anti-Adams in order to maintain some civility here.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:02 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a daily driver adams will last about 6 weeks and zaino about 6 months.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM
FLATOUT
Temporary Hold

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Zaino! And I have used Both exstensivly.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I have never used Zaino as I am a loyal Adams user, but I have talked to Adam Pitale and he even told me Zanino is a great product. As stated earlier you we have less products with Adams to get basically the same results. I understand Zaino last longer, but for me it does not matter. I am one of those that enjoy spend time cleaning and detailing my vette.
It really comes down to what you like, not what someone else likes.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't use either Zaino or Adam's, so I can't comment on which might be better than the other. To me, it depends on whether you like a quality synthetic or a quality Carnauba wax. They each have great qualities to recommend them. Synthetics have come a long way in performance since they were first introduced, but carnaubas have as well.

I live in the mid-Atlantic area and my Vette is garaged year 'round and only comes out in nice weather. Durability is less important to me than appearance and its ability to protect. I'm also old school and like a quality Carnauba wax and the finish it provides.

If I lived in Arizona where my in-laws live and where the temperature and heat is a different thing altogether, I think I would choose a quality synthetic for its performance in that environment.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,923 Likes on 4,809 Posts

I have been using Adam's Buttery Wax and detail spray I like it because it is easy to use, gives a great shine, cost of product is reasonable, I do not mind waxing every few months. As for Zaino people swear by it I have not tried it, I just prefer the wet look of a good wax. Just for info I just received some Natty's Red Paste wax and that is even easier to apply than Adams, plus it is also easy to remove, and leaves a super shine you may want to consider it as well. Got it from Autogeek.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search feature is your bestest buddy. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino VS. Adams

Quick Reply: Zaino VS. Adams