Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rock chips

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
aggie zo6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock chips

Any suggestions on how to repair light rock chips on the hood of a black c5 zo6 other than a repaint?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 AM
james1990
Burning Brakes

if it is a small chip, you could get away with a little touch up paint and a nail polish brush. thats what i use. and remember, if you do this, dab onto the chip, not brush..

hope this helped a bit
Old 12-22-2008, 03:44 AM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

I've touched up several small rock chips. I've tried touchup123, but don't like it. My best success has been with an art paint brush....one really really fine, and one a flat, thicker (1/16 inch) that's cut at an angle. Very handy. I smear some dealer touch-up paint on a piece of plastic, and use that as a paint source. As the previous poster said, just dab. You can go higher than the paint...it usually shrinks flat. Don't be afraid...you can quickly remove messes with mineral spirits. Lately, I've been lightly color sanding some spots, and I bring it back to a sheen with a buffer.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Check out www.drcolorchip.com.

Last edited by dvilin; 12-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:05 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Check out www.drcolorchip.
add a .com to the address, and it will work.

This product looks like it works similarly to touchup123.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:09 AM
corvaddict
7th Gear

Default rock chip damage prevention

hey guyz. I have a clear bra on my c06 which really prevents those rock chip damage and other items which deface my car's paint job. Basically, this clear bra functions similarily as the bulky black bras but is invisible and precision cut to be seamlessly applicable to the contours of your car. It really does prevent those rock chip damage and more. So if any of you want to know more about it check out bostonpaintshield.com, this is where I got mine done from in boston, if you are not in the new england area I am sure there will be others who do it in your area. You can also buy it online which I did but I couldnt do it right after several attempts so I had to go to boston paint shield.

Get notified of new replies

To Rock chips

Quick Reply: Rock chips