Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino: Z-CS Clear Seal...anyone use this? Recommend it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default Zaino: Z-CS Clear Seal...anyone use this? Recommend it?

Z-CS Clear Seal

RELAX - QUIT WORKING TOO HARD & WASTING TIME!

JUST APPLY & LET DRY!

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with our best UV inhibitors.

For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products. Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes.

You'll have to forgive our enthusiasm for the release of Z-CS. We are VERY proud to have accomplished the height of product simplicity with a no compromise approach to cutting edge development and industry leading gloss and durability. There simply is not another product like Z-CS in the industry.

Less than 1/4 ounce of Z-CS will complete an average sized vehicle.

Note: Z-CS should be used very SPARINGLY. LESS than 1/4 oz can complete an average vehicle.

1. You will achieve the best results with Z-CS over clean and dry surfaces. Thoroughly clean and dry all surfaces.

2. Mist a #314 cotton applicator pad with Z-CS 1 time to preload the pad with product. Do not use an applicator pad that has been used with ANY other product. If you choose to reuse an applicator pad that has already been used with only Z-CS, store it in a sealed Ziploc style bag between uses. Holding sprayer about 4 inches from the surface, lightly spray Z-CS once directly onto the panel, avoiding any overspray. Work Z-CS into the paint evenly with the applicator pad using overlapping motions one section (18-24" area) at a time.

3. Allow product to fully dry. DO NOT BUFF OR WIPE OFF. Sit back and relax while Z-CS does the work! Just apply and let dry!

NOTE: Z-CS is extremely durable and should provide up to 9 months of protection for your vehicle. If your goals are maximum shine and maximum protection on everyday vehicles, we recommend 3-4 applications per year. For show car owners, integrating Z-CS with regular use of Z-2 or Z-5 PRO will provide the wettest-looking, deepest, most distortion-free finish you can imagine. For best results, maintain with Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Spray or Z-8 Spray Seal and Z-7 Show Car Wash..
Thoughts guys? I was thinking of doing all the normal stuff first (couple coats of polish/sealant...let cure, then a coat of carnauba wax...let cure) and then use this as like a topper to really make the finish pop out and provide an extra layer of protection.

Last edited by XtremeVette; 01-15-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Z-CS Clear Seal

RELAX - QUIT WORKING TOO HARD & WASTING TIME!

JUST APPLY & LET DRY!

Thoughts guys? I was thinking of doing all the normal stuff first (couple coats of polish/sealant...let cure, then a coat of carnauba wax...let cure) and then use this as like a topper to really make the finish pop out and provide an extra layer of protection.
I would skip the carnuaba and stay within the Zaino system. I would apply your Z2p and/or Z5p like you normally do and then for that little extra depth and pop apply a coat of CS followed by Z8. You won't believe the finish.

And since you are using all Zaino products when you are ready to reapply all you have to do is apply more Zaino. There will be no bonding issues from using a nuba which I have found has no added benefits anyway.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:23 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 916 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by agentf1
I would skip the carnuaba and stay within the Zaino system. I would apply your Z2p and/or Z5p like you normally do and then for that little extra depth and pop apply a coat of CS followed by Z8. You won't believe the finish.

And since you are using all Zaino products when you are ready to reapply all you have to do is apply more Zaino. There will be no bonding issues from using a nuba which I have found has no added benefits anyway.

And I have never had any issues with ZCS. The easiest product I have ever used.
Part of the directions should be to apply inside. I apply directly to a dedicated pad that I keep in a ziploc. One shot to prime, then one shot/panel after that. Wipe on, walk away. I applied two coats once, and you use so little if done correctly this stuff will last a long time. I put a piece of tape on the side of my bottle, and I barely have enough room in between each coat for a mark.
Top with Z8 =
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Mouse2112
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

I really like it, used it on many cars!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,558 Likes on 2,161 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I agree with Steve and Frank. ZCS followed by Z8 is a great combination for a superior shine. I don't see any benefit to adding a Carnauba wax to the mix.

I did have a slight learning curve when I first started using ZCS. Less is definitely better than more. One spritz per fender or door or 1/4 panel with a primed applicator is the way to go.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I find myself reaching for the Z8 over ZCS nine times out of ten.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find myself apply Z8 over ZCS 10 times out of 10.

Its a nice booster after a wash when I am over 6 months since I have applied Z2/5pro. Fast and easy.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 AM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

ok...iam new to this zaino thing lol. Wow! That Z8 stuff is perfect for what Iam looking for! Thanks for the tips guys...instead of spending the $30 for the clear seal stuff, I think for me spending $10 on the Z6 and then $20 for the Z8 is the way to go. Specially for car shows.

hmmm anybody want to buy a thing of Maguires carnauba wax? lol
Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,558 Likes on 2,161 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

ok...iam new to this zaino thing lol. Wow! That Z8 stuff is perfect for what Iam looking for! Thanks for the tips guys...instead of spending the $30 for the clear seal stuff, I think for me spending $10 on the Z6 and then $20 for the Z8 is the way to go. Specially for car shows.

Z8 is more of a topper for the Clear Sealant or whatever sealant or polish you have used. It really isn't something to be used as a primary or base coat. When you consider how little Clear Sealant you use with each application, the $30 is a deal. If you're using it for 1 car it can last a very long time.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by capevettes
Z8 is more of a topper for the Clear Sealant or whatever sealant or polish you have used. It really isn't something to be used as a primary or base coat. When you consider how little Clear Sealant you use with each application, the $30 is a deal. If you're using it for 1 car it can last a very long time.
Understandable...but my products are adding up lol

I have DuraGloss for a polish/sealant that I bought from autogeek and I have the maguires carnuaba wax plus thinking of getting the Z8 and Z6...so for now I think not using the carnuaba and just these 3 would be the way to go. My car is completely stripped of everything as I have been rotary buffing/polishing it panel by panel over the last 3 months while it is in winter storage. I just want to protect the hell out of it once Iam done cause right now she is really brittle and fragile to the elements.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The entire Zaino system is awesome! ZCS + Z8 is the final kicker!

Rick
Always Wave!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Understand your products are adding up. But I think what we're all saying is that the Clear Seal is the real deal. It adds a component of shine greater than the other products, once you have a good layer of sealant on the car. So you should reconsider your choice!

In case there's any confusion, GizmoZ and GMBlack3 meant "on top of," not "instead of," when they said "reaching for Z8 over ZCS....."
Old 01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

I used to do the whole Z system. Now I just use the clear seal and z6 for detailing. I do keep Z8 and use it occasionally. This is on both my Vette and daily driver. THe daily driver is subjected to all the elements and still shines and beads as though I spent hours on it.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:07 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Corpsvette
I used to do the whole Z system. Now I just use the clear seal and z6 for detailing. I do keep Z8 and use it occasionally. This is on both my Vette and daily driver. THe daily driver is subjected to all the elements and still shines and beads as though I spent hours on it.
Do you think you're having success just using CS and Z6 because you still have a strong Z2 or Z5 base?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Grzldvt
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IAIA
Do you think you're having success just using CS and Z6 because you still have a strong Z2 or Z5 base?
Z-CS is outstanding all on it's own. My wife's car is strictly Z-CS and Z-8/Z6 and it looks just as good as both my Vettes.
In fact I might rate it a touch higher, the curves on the Metallic Red color, seem to take on a very unique look that really makes the paint stand out, more so than the Z-2/Z-5, IMO.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
NOPE, because it was clay barred and then clear sealed.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:26 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I just tried my bottle (had it for awhile) of CS during New Years week, followed by Z8. How could I have waited so long?? It is incredible!

I was so impressed with it that I offered to apply it to my friends Red Volvo just so he could check it out. It was dark by the time I finished, so the effect was kind of subdued.

The next day at work he called me to tell me that people were asking him what he did to his car! It was gleaming in the bright sunshine!

I'd already converted him to Zaino, now he's a CS user too!

He couldn't believe how little is used to do the whole car!

Thanks Sal, for another great product!

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino: Z-CS Clear Seal...anyone use this? Recommend it?

Quick Reply: Zaino: Z-CS Clear Seal...anyone use this? Recommend it?