Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Orsini112
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino

Hey Guys, got a quick question. The paint on my vette is pretty good already, always been garaged. The paint has minor swirls and some minor blemishes. I bought the zaino kit.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=0

I never zaino'd it before, and I was wondering if there is anything else I will be needing to do this. I have a buffer and other supplies, just was wondering what they right way to do it is.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

ZPC with an orbital (Flex is getting great reviews)
ZAIO by hand as a base
Z2 or Z5
I would finish with Z8
I'm just a novice, but that has worked on my dad's 14year old daily driver Acura Legend. My dad thought I re-painted his car
Old 04-03-2009, 09:22 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 914 Likes on 450 Posts

Z products are great, but machine polishing is the key.
You're not real close to me, but if you ever want to ride down I would be more than happy to demonstrate what my flex and some polish can do.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Orsini112
Advanced

Westboro... Not too far, just a little west from where I am.

Since you seem like the expert on Zaino (I was reading all you other threads also), What are the steps when applying the zaino? I also bought z-8, z-pc and z-cs. So, would it be wash, clay, wash, then zpc (machine polish), zfx, z2, z5, zcs, then z8? Ive used to detail cars before, but am completely new to this zaino process.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
steve8
Race Director

Originally Posted by Orsini112
Westboro... Not too far, just a little west from where I am.

Since you seem like the expert on Zaino (I was reading all you other threads also), What are the steps when applying the zaino? I also bought z-8, z-pc and z-cs. So, would it be wash, clay, wash, then zpc (machine polish), zfx, z2, z5, zcs, then z8? Ive used to detail cars before, but am completely new to this zaino process.

I can give you a demo anytime that works for us both. Unfortunately I still have too much time on my hands these days as my schedule is up in the air.
I'm just finishing my Wife's Maxima DD and my routine was wash, clay, wash, SIP/orange w/flex, ZPC/white w/flex, 3 Z5/zfx by hand, 1 Z2 by hand, ZCS, Z8.
For a nine + year old car that has been abused it looks great.

When most people refer to Zaino, they mean the sealants. The sealants are so easy to apply/remove.
It takes me 15 minutes to apply a coat, and 10 or less to remove.

I'm very close to either the mass pike or 495.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Orsini112
Advanced

Thanks!

Yeah, 495 is closer to where I work, in Andover, but both arent too far from me. Maybe when it gets a little nicer out, ill take a drive down. Im usually available on weekends, Ill let you know one of these weekends in the future, and see if it works for you. Thanks for offering your time to show me.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:10 PM
steve8
Race Director

Originally Posted by Orsini112
Thanks!

Yeah, 495 is closer to where I work, in Andover, but both arent too far from me. Maybe when it gets a little nicer out, ill take a drive down. Im usually available on weekends, Ill let you know one of these weekends in the future, and see if it works for you. Thanks for offering your time to show me.

Not a problem.
Shoot me a PM when the weather cooperates and we'll figure out a time that works.
I'm 2-3 miles off 495.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino

Quick Reply: Zaino