Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pinnacle liquid Souveran question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Pinnacle liquid Souveran question...

I will be applying this to my white C6. I will not be using a sealant. Will the liquid Souveran last a month? I plan on waxing the car every 4 weeks.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Really depends on a lot of things like use, weather etc...
Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by agentf1
Really depends on a lot of things like use, weather etc...
True. I guess what I'm getting at, is the liquid Souveran more durable than the Souveran paste?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 09 Sea 6
True. I guess what I'm getting at, is the liquid Souveran more durable than the Souveran paste?
Nope..........if your car is garage kept though and not a DD, you'll get about a month with the liquid version......
Old 04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dave1
Nope..........if your car is garage kept though and not a DD, you'll get about a month with the liquid version......
I DD my car, so am I looking at ~2 weeks?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dave1
According to the autogeek site, the liquid version last longer than the paste.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

The durability is about the same in Texas heat, which is very short btw.......

Here is a recent thread about the two products you may find interesting.....

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...liquid+souvern
Old 04-12-2009, 04:54 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 Sea 6
According to the autogeek site, the liquid version last longer than the paste.
Liquid Souveran is indeed more durable than the Paste version, at least in my private uses. I however find Souveran Paste to look much better and super easy to apply and remove. Adding a coat on a Vette literally takes 10 minutes. The formulas are completely different and the LS is designed to be coated and dried before removed while paste is WOWO>

It is funny to find these complaints on the durability of Pinnacle Waxes and yet its always considered the best of the waxes and the one to beat. If used correctly, you will see 4-6 weeks of protection minimum. That means using a soap compatible with carnaubas (not sealants which are stronger not necessarily better in protection). If you consider the Pinnacle Soap you will see a marked difference in durability.

To add additional durability use the correct detail sprays also versus some designed for sealants waxes... Pinnacle designed Crystal Mist and Souveran Spray Wax for just that.

Using Souveran Paste, Pinnacle Soap, and Souveran Spray Wax I had over 8 weeks of protection and actually recoated before the beading and other indicators wore off. This was done on a daily driver not a garage queen and in Floridas heat and humidity.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 04-12-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Liquid Souveran is indeed more durable than the Paste version, at least in my private uses. I however find Souveran Paste to look much better and super easy to apply and remove. Adding a coat on a Vette literally takes 10 minutes. The formulas are completely different and the LS is designed to be coated and dried before removed while paste is WOWO>

It is funny to find these complaints on the durability of Pinnacle Waxes and yet its always considered the best of the waxes and the one to beat. If used correctly, you will see 4-6 weeks of protection minimum. That means using a soap compatible with carnaubas (not sealants which are stronger not necessarily better in protection). If you consider the Pinnacle Soap you will see a marked difference in durability.

To add additional durability use the correct detail sprays also versus some designed for sealants waxes... Pinnacle designed Crystal Mist and Souveran Spray Wax for just that.

Using Souveran Paste, Pinnacle Soap, and Souveran Spray Wax I had over 8 weeks of protection and actually recoated before the beading and other indicators wore off. This was done on a daily driver not a garage queen and in Floridas heat and humidity.
I actually went with the Liquid Souveran because it was geared more for light colors compared to the Souveran paste.

Also, is there any other soaps that are a bit easier on the pocket other than Pinnacle, yet still work well with carnaubas?

Lastly, I plan to wax every four weeks with LS. I use optimum detail spray only after each wash once a week. I know optimum QD won't add protection like the Souveran spray wax or Crystal mist, but it won't breakdown the Liquid Souveran, will it? This is a very important question.

Last edited by 03 Z-oh-6; 04-12-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Optimum is fine, so is there soap. If looking for a decent OTC soap consider Mothers Gold or Megs Line Gold Class Line. Both use carnaubas and design soaps to not strip.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Optimum is fine, so is there soap. If looking for a decent OTC soap consider Mothers Gold or Megs Line Gold Class Line. Both use carnaubas and design soaps to not strip.
Thanks Scott.

I'm going to try Mother's Gold over the Megs Gold. The Megs Gold supposedly has a conditioner in the soap. Te me, that sounds like something extra added to the soap, but all I want is soap.

Get notified of new replies

To Pinnacle liquid Souveran question...

Quick Reply: Pinnacle liquid Souveran question...