Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Any bonding issues with Poorboys light glaze and liquid Souveran?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Any bonding issues with Poorboys light glaze and liquid Souveran?

I'm thinking the glaze below the liquid Souveran won't allow the wax to properly bond to the paint? I no bonding issues, what will I benefit from the glaze with the wax compared to just the wax? How often would I have to apply the glaze on a DD? FYI, this would be on a white 09 C6.

Last edited by 03 Z-oh-6; 04-12-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:47 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Liquid Souveran is a pure wax in liquid form. You could use any glaze under it as wanted. The reason would be for light filling or possibly more wetness. I doubt you will find noticable wetness or depth over the wax itself, but could be an idea for those not mechanically polishing paint first to help hide some swirls.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Liquid Souveran is a pure wax in liquid form. You could use any glaze under it as wanted. The reason would be for light filling or possibly more wetness. I doubt you will find noticable wetness or depth over the wax itself, but could be an idea for those not mechanically polishing paint first to help hide some swirls.
I'll just stick with the LS by itself, glaze doesn't seem worth it in my situation.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 09 Sea 6
I'll just stick with the LS by itself, glaze doesn't seem worth it in my situation.
I totally agree......

You'll get better adhesion with just wax alone......

White is so much easier to maintain so, relax and throw a coat on every month in between the washes and kick back.......

Polish the entire car once a year to get your paint right and start all over again with the wax method......or,

If you get tired of LS, try a sealant and you'll get months of protection......

Post some pictures when your finished.....
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dave1
I totally agree......

You'll get better adhesion with just wax alone......

White is so much easier to maintain so, relax and throw a coat on every month in between the washes and kick back.......

Polish the entire car once a year to get your paint right and start all over again with the wax method......or,

If you get tired of LS, try a sealant and you'll get months of protection......

Post some pictures when your finished.....
Thanks Dave!

I asked a professional polisher if I should polish the car(he looked at it) considering it's an 09. He told me no, come back in a year and we'll polish it. He said clay, then throw on a sealant or wax and be done with it for now.

I'm not using a sealant because I actually *want* to wax my car often, it's fun to me, so I'm not really worried about length of durability. Plus, a carnauba will probably give a me bit more depth/gloss(i know it's white) compared to a sealant. I could throw a sealant on, then a carnauba, but that's pointless to me considering I will wax the car often.

I will post pics next weekend after it's done!

Last edited by 03 Z-oh-6; 04-12-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:07 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by 09 Sea 6
Thanks Dave!

I asked a professional polisher if I should polish the car(he looked at it) considering it's an 09. He told me no, come back in a year and we'll polish it. He said clay, then throw on a sealant or wax and be done with it for now.

I'm not using a sealant because I actually *want* to wax my car often, it's fun to me, so I'm not really worried about length of durability. Plus, a carnauba will probably give a me bit more depth/gloss(i know it's white) compared to a sealant. I could throw a sealant on, then a carnauba, but that's pointless to me considering I will wax the car often.

I will post pics next weekend after it's done!
I don't think I would clay a car that I wasn't planning on polishing afterwards.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JVM225
I don't think I would clay a car that I wasn't planning on polishing afterwards.
Although I think it would be ideal to polish after claying, if clayed properly, I don't think you *need* to polish after. JMO.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

claying (the process) is slightly abrasive in nature. It is best to at least follow with a light finishing polish depending on clay used and how often clayed.

Get notified of new replies

To Any bonding issues with Poorboys light glaze and liquid Souveran?

Quick Reply: Any bonding issues with Poorboys light glaze and liquid Souveran?