Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best way to clean stiched logos on leather?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Best way to clean stiched logos on leather?

Hi all,

I have a new center console lid, which is all-leather with a Z06 logo embroidered on the top surface. The thread is a light silver/grey, and is beginning to turn brown from the fact that my arm naturally rests over it while driving.

What's the best way to clean that thread / stitching, without damaging it in the process? I would hate to scrub at it for fear of loosening the stitching.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaskanpilot
Hi all,

I have a new center console lid, which is all-leather with a Z06 logo embroidered on the top surface. The thread is a light silver/grey, and is beginning to turn brown from the fact that my arm naturally rests over it while driving.

What's the best way to clean that thread / stitching, without damaging it in the process? I would hate to scrub at it for fear of loosening the stitching.
I have custom Madira1683 Yellow/Gold thread embroidery everywhere. So far, I have never had to clean it (made sure the console embroidery was behind my elbow), but if I did, I would probably start by using this: http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1 using a microfiber cloth using virtually no pressure.

This interior cleaner is also great on all the interior trim and even as a floor mat cleaner. I HAVE used this to clean my matching embroidered floor mats and it worked great - especially on the white thread in the logo flags.

Might have to follow with some warm water on the console?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:24 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Body oil is the most common soil that needs to be removed from urathane covered leather.

Use a 3M delicate duty scuff pad (White) and Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' , this is an intensive but safe, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner, that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore your interiors original texture and resiliency; use to clean all coloured and clear water-based polyurethane covered automotive upholstery

Use a soft detailing brush with light pressure, especially around stitching, allow the product to do the work

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-05-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to clean stiched logos on leather?

Quick Reply: Best way to clean stiched logos on leather?