Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino Z2 & Pinnacle Souveran

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Commish
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Z2 & Pinnacle Souveran

I just Detailed my 08 Black Vette. I started with Menzerna finishing polish then I Applied Zaino Z2 , I have heard good thing about Pinnacle Souveran applied after Zaino. Any thoughts or comments?
Old 07-31-2009, 08:11 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Commish
I just Detailed my 08 Black Vette. I started with Menzerna finishing polish then I Applied Zaino Z2 , I have heard good thing about Pinnacle Souveran applied after Zaino. Any thoughts or comments?
I have not seen an advantage to doing that, although I have tried it several times personally, try it, there is no harm in trying it out to see what you think.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 AM
stig-zzz
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Pinnacle Souveran IMHO is some amazing wax super wet ,deep shine. On a highly polished vette simply the best I've used .....give it a try you wont be sorry
Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by hcvone
I have not seen an advantage to doing that, although I have tried it several times personally, try it, there is no harm in trying it out to see what you think.
I have to agree, I would just top Z2p with Z8 or CS/Z8 if you are looking for some extra pop. You also will not need to remove anything when nyou are ready to add additional coats of Z2p if you stay within the Zaino line.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

I have been using the Menzerna / Z2 / Souveran regimen on my black Z06 all summer, and I'm convinced that it's a winning combo. The Souveran gives my black a deeper, darker finish that has a bit of a glow to it. I have not tried the Souveran WITHOUT Zaino underneath it; but I'm not interested in doing that because I like the idea that as the Souveran wears off, I still have a layer of Zaino underneath that is still offering protection. In any case, All last year I used ONLY Zaino as a final coat; this year I added the Souveran. The results are like night and day, and Souveran is now a permanent fixture in my regimen. The stuff is so easy to apply and remove; smells great; and looks great! I would recommend at least trying it to see; it seems like the results are hit or miss for a lot of folks but for me it's a solid, resounding HIT.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Timbrr
Pro

Default Zaino & Pinnacle

Try this:
Z5 followed by a coat of Z-CS and topped with a coat of
Pinnacle Souveran. Don't forget to wear your shades.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Originally Posted by hcvone
Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I have now tried and personally seen this combo several times. The Zaino guys hate to hear/see anything that tops their product and for good reason, its their product. The do offer a great spray sealant which adds to their sealants also.

I will however suggest personally that Souveran still looks better as an end result. As such the two actually work quite well in unison. Nice crisp good looks and durability (Z) and a dripping wet and depth that 'nubas still shine in. (Pinnacle or Wolfgang Fuzion ).

I think it does however come down to personal opinion. If you like the look of a pure sealant stick with it and add their spray. If you feel you might be missing something then top with us. Then drop all of us a line and tell us your thoughts.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I have now tried and personally seen this combo several times. The Zaino guys hate to hear/see anything that tops their product and for good reason, its their product. The do offer a great spray sealant which adds to their sealants also.

I will however suggest personally that Souveran still looks better as an end result. As such the two actually work quite well in unison. Nice crisp good looks and durability (Z) and a dripping wet and depth that 'nubas still shine in. (Pinnacle or Wolfgang Fuzion ).

I think it does however come down to personal opinion. If you like the look of a pure sealant stick with it and add their spray. If you feel you might be missing something then top with us. Then drop all of us a line and tell us your thoughts.
Scott, just not true, if it worked or looked better I would tell people/customers that. Shine is subjective, I have more customers than I can count that have topped Zaino with just about everything except whipped cream, their the ones that tell me it did not improve the look, and then ask why their cars picked up more dust and dirt while driving. That is why I tell people that ask to try it for themselves.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:09 AM
dougatl
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Agree w/Carl. Use what U like, top whatever U want with what you like, but personally I stay away from topping Zaino with Pinnacle or any other wax as my experience with nuba's is they're life span is way too short and they're major dust collectors.
doug
Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ive heard good things about it as well. I am an avid zaino user of over 10 yeas..
but..the drawback I see, is that its carnuba based. carnuba is water soluable. so, if you get caught in rain, then wash the car, a lot of your gloss is gone.. whereas, with Zaino, its hydrophobic...(not water soluable) and washing does nothing to the shine kick.

if you do it, please post pics by all means.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Timbrr
Pro

Default Pinnacle over Zaini

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
ive heard good things about it as well. I am an avid zaino user of over 10 yeas..
but..the drawback I see, is that its carnuba based. carnuba is water soluable. so, if you get caught in rain, then wash the car, a lot of your gloss is gone.. whereas, with Zaino, its hydrophobic...(not water soluable) and washing does nothing to the shine kick.

if you do it, please post pics by all means.

Here is Pinnacle over Z5 & ZCS on a very cloudy day:
Old 08-02-2009, 04:42 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

^^^^^^ I see, thanks. if you have some sunny day pics, shoot em to me too please.. that looks pretty good....correct me if im wrong, but it gives a more "creamy" look than the mirror reflection of zaino? right?

did you use the paste (95 bucks..wow!) or the liquid, 35 bucks...?

Last edited by wolfdogs; 08-02-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Timbrr
Pro

Default Pinnacle over Zaino

^^^^^^ I see, thanks. if you have some sunny day pics, shoot em to me too please.. that looks pretty good....correct me if im wrong, but it gives a more "creamy" look than the mirror reflection of zaino? right?

did you use the paste (95 bucks..wow!) or the liquid, 35 bucks...?

I can tell you this, yesterday at a show the car was dead into the sun and I have not seen it look better. There was another black Vette close to mine and you could see the difference in the two blacks. I used the paste. Yes it was expensive but after I applied one coat you could barely see that I removed any of the wax in the container. One container must go a long way.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Timbrr
I can tell you this, yesterday at a show the car was dead into the sun and I have not seen it look better. There was another black Vette close to mine and you could see the difference in the two blacks. I used the paste. Yes it was expensive but after I applied one coat you could barely see that I removed any of the wax in the container. One container must go a long way.
I agree. I've used my Souveran paste for about 8 applications so far, and my jar is only down... hmm, not quite half an inch yet. They claim the jar lasts for 32 applications (at least, i think I heard that somewhere) but it will obviously last me many more. It always goes on top of Zaino. My car has never shined like this with Zaino products alone. That's all the proof I need. At this point durability is not an issue for me; I re-apply every few weeks and enjoy doing it. Small price for the look!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Bill97Z
Instructor

I fooled around with that combo about 5 yrs ago and did not really see much of a difference. I used it on a metallic grey car, so can't comment on a dark color.

It also limits zaino's system....the ability to add layers of other zaino products over your base coat. You will have to remove the sovereign or wait for it to wear off before you put another zaino product on top.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 PM
BluV
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I am also currently using carnauba over Zaino (Mother's currently) on an LMB C6. Previously used only Zaino for about 2 years. the carnauba top coat just really is amazing. I do think that this is a "dark color" thing - and lighter colors will not show quite the same. I have recently purchased Pannacle Souveran to see if it is even better yet - my expectations are high. (thanks AutoGeek!! )

Mine is a DD - so I want the Zaino base coat. Also, since it is a DD, it is not a big deal to wash the top coat off if I need to redo the Zaino base. As a DD, it requires frequent washing anyway. I will continue to use the Zaino as a base - a synthetic/sealer at the least anyway. But I really like the carnauba as a top coat. It is not a big deal for me to wax every few weeks -- I used to do this anyway before switching to Zaino. I have been like this with every vehicle I have ever owned.

Believe me - I was never unhappy with Zaino - totally satisfied. But after a test application with the Mother's carnauba as a top coat, I was amazed.

I am not all that into car shows, but I have friends that are. So we occasionally attend with them. I am really there to look at all the other cars!! As well as to get new ideas for myself. But even all my friends noticed my C6 was "more polished" after the fresh carnauba top coat. I got lots of comments....and that pretty much says it all for me......

Last edited by BluV; 08-03-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino Z2 & Pinnacle Souveran

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

ok.......... maybe I'll experiment some time ...but I can't believe it gets better than this....

from my experience over all the years, the car will pick up more dust than it would with just the zaino as the finish product...

(yesterday...)

Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Commish
Intermediate

Your Vette looks AMAZING! How many layers of Zaino do you have on it? Z2 or Z5?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

ok.......... maybe I'll experiment some time ...but I can't believe it gets better than this....

from my experience over all the years, the car will pick up more dust than it would with just the zaino as the finish product...

(yesterday...)

z5pro/zfx.. 20+ and on the nose, 30+ for protection. if you search the c6 general forum, you can see lots of posts by me. I detailed a couple of forum members cars too.........

Quick Reply: Zaino Z2 & Pinnacle Souveran