Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Guidance on polishing

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
kmk56
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guidance on polishing

I have a 98 Corvette (Silver Sebring Metallic) and a 2006 Cadillac STS (Silver). Both have very good paint and look brand new.

In March I clayed both and used Klasse AIO and Klasse Glaze followed by various coats of wax thruout the summer (Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang and finally Dodo wax) I did this all by hand.

I want to get the Porter Cable and do it all over again.

Questions are...

Do I just wash and clay again to get off both Klasses's and wax?

Which packages do you recommend with the porter or should I just continue with Klasse?

Will I see a difference between doing it by hand and the porter?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

with the aio you will see more "cut" (meaning the more swirls will be removed) other than that you will see a decrease in time spent glazing and doing the AIO, where these machines shine is in the polishing aspect with polishes and compounds
Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

You should wash as normal. Then clay as needed. (usually 2x's a year max) When you polish by machine you will mechanically abrade the surface and remove old waxes, oxidation, and swirls. You then can use your Klasse as desired to seal the paint. Add you wax top coats as desired or when desired.

As for packages, I highly suggest the Menzerna Ceramiclear polishes (SIP and Nano) on GM paints. Our Wolfgang 3.0 polishes are another great choice and made by Menzerna for us. You will want some pads and consider several machines. PC-XP, Griots Random Orbital, or Flex as cost permit.

Best bet is to call us and let us help you put together what you need. We have many packages for you and also will sell outside of package if its best for you. Let me know if I can help more !

www.autogeek.net

Get notified of new replies

To Guidance on polishing

Quick Reply: Guidance on polishing