Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguiars Ultimate Compound

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiars Ultimate Compound

When do you use it and how do you like it ?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WPaul
When do you use it and how do you like it ?
It has less cut then M105, maybe the same or a bit more then M86. Like M105, M86 and M205 it is a non-diminishing abrasive, so pressure will dictate the level of cut.

Do you have a PC or another R/O? What pads do you have?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by gmblack3
It has less cut then M105, maybe the same or a bit more then M86. Like M105, M86 and M205 it is a non-diminishing abrasive, so pressure will dictate the level of cut.

Do you have a PC or another R/O? What pads do you have?
gmblack3 thanks for the reply.

I'm just a guy with a black 04 that cleans it up myself.I don't know what M86 or M105 is or how to compare it to what I have.
The paint was rough to the touch but still had shine when washed and waxed.I used Mothers clay bar,,,to my suprise it's came out smooth but alittle dull So I go to the nearest parts house and am recomended the Ultimate Compond.I put it on & wipe it off by hand in straight motions The shine comes back,,in the shade it looks nice.
In the bright sun it has swirls and halos So I go back and get SwirlX by Meguiars and once again apply and remove by hand.Clean applicators and towels.Still looks the same
So now exhausted I wax it for protection.
I think the paint is good I've just messed it up:o I don't have a power buffer and wouldn't know how to use it anyway.
What should I do next ??
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:27 PM
MarkyMarkGTM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It sounds like the scratches you are trying to get out are super deep and you won't get them by hand. Plus Vettes are really hard, clear coat that is. I might recommend a local detailer.

You also seem like you enjoy cleaning your car so maybe it is time to invest in a power tool. A dual action polisher is way safe on paint and might be a perfect fit for you. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gmblack3 thanks for the reply.

I'm just a guy with a black 04 that cleans it up myself.I don't know what M86 or M105 is or how to compare it to what I have.
The paint was rough to the touch but still had shine when washed and waxed.I used Mothers clay bar,,,to my suprise it's came out smooth but alittle dull So I go to the nearest parts house and am recomended the Ultimate Compond.I put it on & wipe it off by hand in straight motions The shine comes back,,in the shade it looks nice.
In the bright sun it has swirls and halos So I go back and get SwirlX by Meguiars and once again apply and remove by hand.Clean applicators and towels.Still looks the same
So now exhausted I wax it for protection.
I think the paint is good I've just messed it up:o I don't have a power buffer and wouldn't know how to use it anyway.
What should I do next ??
Thanks in advance.
As noted you won't be able to make a dent in any of the defects by hand.

If you don't want to try it yourself with a PC, then let us know your location and maybe someone will know if a good detailer in your area.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Buy a Flex and spend 15 minutes learning how to use it. Was in the same boat as you last year and just bit the bullet and bought the Flex.
Today I did my tail gate on my 02 Ford Superduty. Owned this since it was new and thought I took good care of the paint. One pass with SIP and finish compounds and the difference was absolutely unbelievable compared to the part not polished. Every swirl was gone.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 PM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
Buy a Flex and spend 15 minutes learning how to use it. Was in the same boat as you last year and just bit the bullet and bought the Flex.
Today I did my tail gate on my 02 Ford Superduty. Owned this since it was new and thought I took good care of the paint. One pass with SIP and finish compounds and the difference was absolutely unbelievable compared to the part not polished. Every swirl was gone.
Thanks Marky,,Snowwolfe and gmblack for the advise.
This is like telling a guy to get a degree wheel and a dial indcator and degree his can,,,,and he ask;what's a degree wheel

What's a PC,,What's a Flex (not a f@#d I asume)??
What is SIP and which finish compound do you recommend ?

Once again thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Thanks Marky,,Snowwolfe and gmblack for the advise.
This is like telling a guy to get a degree wheel and a dial indcator and degree his can,,,,and he ask;what's a degree wheel

What's a PC,,What's a Flex (not a f@#d I asume)??
What is SIP and which finish compound do you recommend ?

Once again thanks.
http://www.autogeek.net/bupo.html

The Flex, PC-XP and others are Random Orbital Buffers (actually the manufacturers for them) and offer alot of extra power and ability to remove swirls/scratches from paint.

SIP is a polish by Menzerna called Super Intensive Polish. It was originally designed as a ceramiclear polish for newer clearcoats introduced by Maybach/MB/BMW but work extremely well on the harder coat (clearcoat) of a Vette. You will often see members suggest SIP/Nano or Meguiars 105/205 which are both two stage polishing to use with the buffer of your choice.

If you need help, please call us or PM me as desired. We offer many packages with everything you need. We are available toll-free Monday-Friday and some part of Saturdays too. We have many staff members that are considered detailers that very from Professional to Weekend Warriors. Hope to help you soon !
Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
0zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com's Avatar

The Porter Cable 7424XP, the Meguiars G110V2, the Flex XC3401 VRG polishers are just a few of the polishers in our inventory. We also have developed various kits using these polishers, along with Lake Country and Meguiars polishing/buffing pads.

Name:  classic-motoring_2100_4697052.gif
Views: 591
Size:  13.2 KB

The Porter Cable 7424XP Orbital Polisher is simply a wonderful machine. It doesn't matter if you're a first time user or a skilled enthusiast, this machine will give you professional-looking results the very first time you use it.
The 7424XP Polisher is easy to use and safe for all fiberglass, metal, paint and clear coat finishes. It will not create swirls and can not harm or remove paint or clear coats.
It will allow you to apply a polish and liquid wax or sealant in a fraction of the time it would take by hand and create an unbelievable shine.

There are now a number of Chinese-made polishers being imported to compete with the Porter Cable 7424XP. We have elected to stay with the time-tested, Porter Cable machine. The Porter Cable 7424XP is UL Approved, has a neutral balance, very little vibration for fatigue-free polishing and the adaptability of changing the counterweight to facilitate larger pads.
With tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of machines in use, the Porter Cable 7424XP has withstood the test of time and become a detailing icon.

The Meguiar’s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher is a random orbital polisher that features a perfect 5/16th stroke. This physics of this powerful "stroke" cause the pad to rotate freely, creating a more perfect finish. Because the pad spins freely, and is not directly driven making this type of polisher extremely safe. And while enthusiast love this polisher for its safe power delivery, many professional detailers love it for its efficiency. It allows you to polish the paint to a high gloss, in less time, without fear of rotary buffer swirls!Meguiar’s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher

Name:  classic-motoring_2104_843165.gif
Views: 522
Size:  9.3 KB

Features:

* Amps: 4.2
* OPMs: 1800 - 6800
* Thread Size: 5/16" x 24
* Weight: 5.5 lbs (without backing plate and handle)
* Noise: 55 dB
* Cord Length: 10.3 ft.
* Multi-position bail handle
* Soft-touch finish
* Meguiar's carry bag included
* Warranty: 1 year from Meguiar's

While torque, amp, and voltage readings seem to be mostly publicized figures today regarding orbital polishers, they far from tell the "truth". Meguiar’s G110 V2 was designed by professional car enthusiast for car enthusiast and no attention to detail was spared. The counter weight is placed close to the drive, for less vertical deflection and a smoother feel. The "cruise control" feature prevents the motor from bogging, and a more efficient design delivers more of the power to road. The Meguiar’s G110 V2 is the most efficient random orbital polisher we have tested. Like Porsche proved to the world, it’s not all about the numbers!

The power dial of the Meguiar’s G110 V2 is mounted at the rear of the polisher, next to the super long power cord. The power has been perfectly tuned to the dial; gone is the rapid jumps in speed that would occur between different speed settings. Speed 1 starts at 1800 Orbits Per Minute (OPM) and each higher number is 1000 OPM higher in speed, topping at 6800 OPM at speed 6.

The Meguiar’s G110 V2 is packaged in a beautiful stitched Meguiar’s bag equipped with a W68DA Softbuff 2.0 Flexible Soft Backing Plate, a bale handle, and a replacement set of maintenance brushes. The body is covered in synthetic soft-touch material that is a treat to hold and the housing is made of metal. Just holding the polisher lets you know it is built to a different standard. Turning it on and using on paint confirms the feel: The Meguiar’s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher is a serious defect removing paint polisher, from a name you can trust in car care.

Name:  classic-motoring_2103_33239872.gif
Views: 519
Size:  7.5 KB

This Flex XC3401VRG is a true dual-action machine. There's a huge difference between the two. With the Porter Cable 7424, the pads do not rotate, they oscillate, or jiggle, in a random pattern designed to simulate hand application. The "throw" or amount of "jiggle" is not disclosed by Porter Cable but it is very, very small. With the Flex XC3401VRG, the pads do have a forced circular motion, they rotate or "cut". Plus, as the pads rotate, they oscillate, or move, in a random pattern. Hence the name, dual action. One action is the circular rotation and the second action is the random movement of the pad while it is rotating. This random oscillation also has a exceptionally "long throw" of 8 mm. The forced circular pad rotation coupled with the long throw of the oscillations give the Flex considerably more cutting power than the Porter Cable 7424. In fact, after spending an afternoon with this machine, I feel it will do 90% of what a pure circular polisher can do with the safety of the random oscillations to prevent swirls. A case of having your cake and eating it too!
The Flex XC3401VRG has a bale-style handle which puts your hands at the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock position which most professionals prefer. This gives you an even weight distribution between your hands, making the polisher less fatiguing when used for long periods. A six position speed control allows you to limit rpm's between 160 rpm and 480 rpm. Under the speed control, a variable speed trigger allows you to feather the oscillations per minute (OPM's) up to the maximum set by the speed dial. A very nice touch for keeping the rpm's low for applying waxes and sealants which you normally can not apply with a circular polisher.

Speed Control Note: Since the Flex XC3401VRG has a forced circular motion, every speed setting is slightly more powerful when compared to the Porter Cable 7424. If you are stepping up from a 7424, we recommend starting one speed setting lower than you would with the 7424. In other words, If you typically polish in a speed range of 3 to 4 with the 7424, start with a speed range of 2-3 with the Flex. You can always increase the speed if you need more cutting power.

Name:  FlexGrip.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  7.3 KB

Front, adjustable bale-style grip.

Thumb speed control with lower, finger-control, squeeze trigger.

Name:  FlexSpeeddial.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  5.6 KB

This machine has a very solid "feel", like it could operate all day without stopping (which it probably does in some plants). It never feels strained or "near the edge". Feature wise, the Flex XC3401VGR is one of the most technologically advanced machines on the planet. It features a seven function microprocessor to insure consistent speed, restart protection after power interruption, overload protection and temperature monitoring. Auto shut-off carbon brushes automatically shut off the motor when they wear down to prevent motor damage. A 13 foot power cord allows you to work around most vehicles and the machine comes with a one year warranty through service centers across the US.

The machine comes with a 5-1/2 inch padded backing plat that is not changeable but will accommodate all of our 6-1/2 inch and 7-1/2 inch pads
So, if you need a polisher, we have the polisher for you.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
0zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com's Avatar

When it comes to using polishes such as Meguiar’s M105 Ultra Cut Compound and Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish, regardless of the machine you choose to use, ProperAutoCare.com recommends starting with the least aggressive method possible. This would be Meguiar's M205 with either a Lake Country Flat 6.5 inch Black Finessing Pad or Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Black Finishing Pad. Meguiar's M205

Name:  classic-motoring_2090_46386386.gif
Views: 529
Size:  16.5 KB

If this combination does not provide the results necessary, increase the aggressiveness of the technique (longer working time, more pressure, more power) or increase the cut of the product and switch to a medium polishing pad. The next step up would be Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish used with a Lake Country Flat 6.5 inch White Polishing Pad or Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Yellow Polishing Pad.

Name:  classic-motoring_2082_5756922.gif
Views: 503
Size:  12.7 KB Name:  classic-motoring_2081_6302821.gif
Views: 506
Size:  12.7 KB

If this combination does not provide the desired results, increase the aggressiveness of the technique or product selection. The next step would be Meguiar's M105Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound on a Lake Country Flat 6.5 inch White Polishing Pad or Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Yellow Polishing Pad. Note that polishing with M105 will often require a second, follow-up polishing step with M205 to achieve the highest gloss and clearest, swirl free finish. Never mix polishes on the same pad. Switch to a clean, fresh pad included in the kit. If this combination is still not garnering the results you are looking for, increase the aggressiveness of the technique or the product.

Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound used with a Lake Country Flat 6.5 inch Orange Power Pad or Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Burgundy Cutting Pad is an aggressive combination and is capable of “leveling out” most paint defects in one or two applications. If using Meguiar’s M105 Ultra Cut Compound is necessary, follow up with Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish to remove any light polishing haze and restore full clarity and a swirl free finish to the paint. Always test your combination on a test spot, and inspect in good lighting before proceeding to copy that combination over the entire vehicle.Lake Country 6.5 inch Black Finishing Pad

Least to most aggressive:

M205 used with a “Finishing Pad”: Will remove very light defects and result in a high gloss, swirl free finish.
Name:  Flat6_5BlkL.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  5.4 KB

Lake Country 6.5 inch White Polishing PadM205 used with a “Polishing Pad”: Will remove moderate to light defects and compounding marks, and results in a high gloss, swirl free finish on most paints. Name:  Flat6_5WhtL.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  5.0 KB

M105 used with a “Polishing Pad”: Will remove moderate to heavy defects and will often require follow up polishing with M205.Lake Country 6.5 inch Orange Power Pad
Name:  Flat6_5OrL.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  5.3 KB

M105 used with a “Power” or ”Cutting Pad”: Will remove moderate to heavy defects on most paints and will often require follow up polishing with M205.

Pad Priming: The new micro non-diminishing abrasives from Meguiar's require that the pores of the pad are evenly primed with product for fastest cutting and highest gloss. It is recommended to "prime" a fresh, dry pad one of three ways:

The Kevin Brown Method (KBM): Apply a liberal amount of polish on the surface of the pad and massage the product into the pores with your fingers until the surface is covered in a fine film of polish. Remove excess polish from the pad, so that it feels slightly damp, by lightly pressing a cotton terry or microfiber cloth against the pad while it spins. Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection

Meguiar's M34: Meguiar's recommends misting the dry pad with M34 Final Inspection, then drawing two lines of product, in an X fashion, across the diameter of the pad. M34 will help the polish spread across the pad during the initial polishing application.

Name:  Meg-M34.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  7.3 KB

Hybrid: ProperAutoCare.com recommends using a hybrid pad priming system to save on material costs and increase ease of use. Mist the dry pad with M34 Final Inspection then draw an X across the pad. Quickly massage the polishing with your fingers into the pad and cover as much surface as possible.

Regardless of the priming method you choose, once the pad has been primed, apply a small amount of polish to the pad between sections. Three “dime sized” amounts, applied to the outer 1/3 of the pad are sufficient.

Polish one small section at a time, two feet by two feet, per application. Start by placing the pad on the paint and spreading the polish out, then turn the polisher on. Using firm pressure and overlapping left to right, right to left strokes cover the area to be polished.

Name:  onepass.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  16.3 KB

Polish first going left to right.

Make a second pass over the working area using overlapping “up to down, down to up” strokes. M105 and M205 do not require a typical “buffing cycle” to break down the abrasives. Repeat this cross hatch pattern until the defects are removed or the polish begins to dry. Then reduce pressure and make a few more passes over the area to ensure a high gloss finish.

Name:  twopass.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  26.0 KB

Create cross-hatch pattern going up & down.

Machine speed has much to do with your confidence level as you learn to use these polishes. We recommend using speed 5 on the PC 7424 or Meguiar’s G-110 and a speed of 3.5-4 on the Flex XC3401VRG Dual-Action Polisher. Overlap your strokes, using a “slow arm speed” while applying firm pressure. We have found success moving the polisher one to three inches per second allows the polish to correct most blemishes.

The amount of “work” or “cut” accomplished with a non-diminishing abrasive is dependent on the pressure applied to the polisher. For maximum cutting action with the Flex XC3401VRG Dual-Action Polisher, apply 15-20 pounds of pressure on the face of the machine. When using the Porter Cable 7424 or Meguiar’s G110 random orbital polishers, use enough pressure to slow, but not stall the rotation of the pad. On your final passes over the work area, reduce the pressure and lightly move the machine over the surface to allow the abrasives to jewel away any micro marring left from your polishing.

After polishing a section, remove residue immediately with a high quality microfiber cloth such as our Dragon Fiber Perfect Shine Buffing Cloth.

Because Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound and Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polishes' abrasives do not breakdown in the traditional sense, the polishes can be sensitive to contamination. During the polishing process, a trace amount of paint is removed, this can cause the non-diminishing abrasives to “clump” together with the spent paint particles. This can increase the polishing haze left on the paint from heavy polishing, effecting the finish left behind.

ProperAutoCare.com recommends cleaning your pads often by pressing a cotton terry or microfiber cloth against the pad while it spins on the machine. To completely wash the pads use Snappy Clean Pad Cleaning Powder.

For a LSP that looks great and provide you with the protection then look no further, we got the one that will put your mind at ease and a shine like no other. If you're looking for a high-definition, laser-sharp shine guaranteed to turn heads, look no further. This is the current state-of-the-art in paint sealant technology. Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection is the only domestic paint sealant I know of to use a revolutionary, crystal polymer recently released by Wacher- Chemie, Munich, Germany. This polymer has a crystal structure that refracts light, similar to a diamond, to create a vibrant, high-energy, super slippery, head-turning finish. It can be used by itself as the final sealant or as the foundation of BLACKFIRE's signature Wet-Ice over Fire shine.

Wet Diamond, All finish Paint Protection is a paint-friendly, oil-in-water, emulsion safe for all finishes with or without a clear coat. This emulsion contains a small amount of a very refined mineral spirit in a water base. Multiple coats can be layered to deepen the gloss without drying or weakening the paint.
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection can be applied by hand or dual-action, machine polisher. It applies easily and buffs off uniformly even in climates of high heat and high humidity. You simply walk around your car wiping on and buffing off as you go.

The incredible shine is resistant to detergent washings and ultraviolet radiation. This keeps your car’s finish protected month after month and wash after wash.

Name:  classic-motoring_2090_47176317.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  13.5 KB

Angelo
www.ProperAutoCare.com
800-628-7596
Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Very interesting. I didn't think I could do any damage by hand with such a fine product,so looking at a machine polisher,,well
If y'all (southerner,can you tell) keep this up you'll make me a real "internet expert"

Thanks again.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:24 AM
DaBum
Racer

If a hick from the sticks of Texas, yeah that would be me, can learn to use a machine to polish out defects in your clear coat so can you. I have a PC (Porter Cable) and it works quite well and will not damage your paint. If I were to get a new machine I think I would probably go with the Meguiar’s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher. The videos on Autogeeks site are very informative and Mike Phillips, and several of the pros here, do an outstanding job of helping out us newbies and weekend warriors. As suggested many of our vendors here offer kits that will come with most of what you need. Just a little practice on your daily driver, or something other than your vette, and you should be able to get the hang of it pretty quickly. So yall just read up on these forums, tons of great information and profesional advice, and you'll be knocking out those swirls in no time. If you don't want to invest in doing it yourself, then as Brian suggested let folks here know where you are and chances are they will know of someone with the skills you need in your neck of the woods. Good luck on which ever route you choose to take.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:18 PM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Thanks to everyone for your sincere advice.After what I witnessed this morning I'm humbled :o no more internet expert for me

A friend of my sons came over and "fixed" the Black 04

The young man used an old/old! varible speed rotary polisher,,1750 max RPM,,with an egg crate grey foam pad.Started with 3M white Fineese It and made another pass with 3M black glaze. I though the glaze had filled in the imperfections but we washed it with Dawn and car wash,,,,,it was still as slick as glass
He then hand waxed/polished it with old time Liquid Glass,,WOW

Remarkable,,,Crazy shine.

You guys that get this kind of results all the time should be commended.No one learns this over night!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM
0MikePhillips
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check these videos out...

How to Remove Swirls and Scratches using the Porter Cable 7424XP

How to do a Section Pass using a Dual Action Polisher - Key to Removing Swirls

How detailing clay works and how to use detailing clay to remove above surface bonded contaminants

The Ultimate Compound is actually a fairly aggressive compound and you could rub out a car with it by hand and providing you use good technique you could remove a majority of the scratches, anything you couldn't remove by hand is probably too deep to remove anyways.

For what your time is worth, its a lot faster to invest in an electric polisher and let the machine do the work...

Here's an article I wrote on polishers...
How to choose the right polisher for your detailing project

Here's two articles I wrote on SMAT products...

The SMAT Pack - Everything you ever wanted to know about Meguiar's SMAT products...
The Aggressiveness Order of SMAT Products - This might surprise you!

Here's a test I did between me and a machine...

Man versus Machine

Here's why a DA Polisher is safe to use..

The Free Floating Spindle Assembly - The Story Behind The Story...

Here's why your car's paint is so hard to work on...

The practical differences between single stage paints and a clear coat paints

Here's what the deeper scratches that remain are called...

RIDS - The Definition of RIDS and the story behind the term...

See Sig Line for more articles and videos...

Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM
0MikePhillips
Former Vendor

The young man used an old/old! variable speed rotary polisher,,1750 max RPM,,with an egg crate grey foam pad.Started with 3M white Fineese It and made another pass with 3M black glaze. I though the glaze had filled in the imperfections

but we washed it with Dawn and car wash,,,,,

it was still as slick as glass

The test after stripping the finish isn't how it feels, it's how does it look in overhead bright sunlight.

You want to make sure there are no rotary buffer swirls in the paint... like you see in this beautiful 1969 Chevelle Convertible...

3M makes good products so you're probably okay as it sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:38 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

That Chevelle is a nice car, but with a little work on the paint it would be incredible.
I'm always surprised by how many peole don't even see the swirls in their otherwise nice cars.
BTW: It's a 68
Old 05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
0MikePhillips
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JVM225

That Chevelle is a nice car, but with a little work on the paint it would be incredible.

I'm always surprised by how many people don't even see the swirls in their otherwise nice cars.
It always amazes me too, in fact I wrote a funny article about it...

The difference between a swirl and squirrel

Originally Posted by JVM225
BTW: It's a 68
My friend that took the pictures and gave me permission to use them told me it was a 1969 but regardless, it's a shame how horrific the paint looks on such a collectible car.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by mikephillips@autogeek.net
It always amazes me too, in fact I wrote a funny article about it...

The difference between a swirl and squirrel

My friend that took the pictures and gave me permission to use them told me it was a 1969 but regardless, it's a shame how horrific the paint looks on such a collectible car.

When I said "Slick" I ws refering to the "Look" not the feel.
Sorry haven't learned "Detail Speak" yet. LOL
One more question,,you mention M105,,Mo86,,M205,,ect.
How does Meg's #9 Mirrow Glaze swirl remover 2.0 stack up ?

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiars Ultimate Compound

Quick Reply: Meguiars Ultimate Compound