Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Leatherique leather product.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 11:54 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Leatherique leather product.

I have used this product before with great results on our BMWs.

This time I tried it on my 2001 Z06. The car has 12,800 miles.

Please go to the http://www.leatherique.com/ site for more info.

Park the car outside on a warm sunny day for best results. It was 70F/sunny here in Altanta on sunday.

From the site:

"Park the car in the sun with the windows rolled up to create a "steam room" for as long as practical, several hours or a day."

This product is different from most other leather cleaner/ conditioners in that you put the Rejuvenator Oil on first. You apply it very heavy, they claim 4 oz per seat I used maybe 2-3 oz per seat. I used a spray bottle and rubbed it in with my hands or you can use a sponge. After you get it put on all the seats close the doors and let the car sit for most of the day. I applied it at noon and let the car sit till 5pm.

Then apply the Prestine Clean by hand or with a soft towel. I did it by hand.

From the site:

"Apply Prestine Clean by hand or with a soft Terry Cloth towel and massage out the dirt. For tough dirt or vinyl convertible tops, brush the cleaner into the grain of the leather or vinyl with a soft bath brush or toothbrush. Let stand for a few minutes, usually by the time you are done with the next piece, and rinse the surface with a soft, damp Terry Towel. Rinse Towel or soft cloth in warm, clean water. Then, after all the dirt has been removed, gently buff to a luxurious finish with a clean, dry, Terry Towel or soft cloth."

pic prior to use:

Pic after use:

Here are larger pics:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gmblack3/707161

I should of took both pics inside, I think you can see a difference. The black leather looks darker than it was and richer in color. The lines in the leather has softened up quite a bit. The seats feel softer.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:31 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Leatherique leather product. (gmblack3)

I'm always worried that it'll rub off on my clothes.

Any problems with that?
Old 03-25-2002, 01:04 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Default Re: Leatherique leather product. (Patrick96LT4)

Should not be a problem. Never had a problem in the other cars that I have used it in. Will let you know in a couple of days if I do.

I wiped the surface down again today with warm water and then buffed it with a dry towel. It showed nothing on the towels.

I'm always worried that it'll rub off on my clothes.

Any problems with that?
Old 03-25-2002, 07:16 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:49 PM
Mystic '95
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Leatherique leather product. (Patrick96LT4)

I've used it before, got great results! :yesnod:
Old 03-26-2002, 02:29 PM
fourthrail
Instructor

How does this compare to the Zaino "leather in a bottle" product?
Old 03-26-2002, 07:54 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Default Re: Leatherique leather product. (fourthrail)

I have never tried the Zaino leather product, so I could not tell you. From what I see alot of people like the Zaino leather product. I Use the Zaino Z-2 w/ ZFX, Z6 and Z7.

How does this compare to the Zaino "leather in a bottle" product?
Old 03-30-2002, 04:30 PM
KorbenDallas
Melting Slicks

Leatherique is a great product. I am fortunate to live a few miles from the owners of the company and have had the pleasure of meeting them. They are top notch people and are some of the nicest I've ever met. It's a family owned business over a couple of generations!! Great product and great people.

Plus, the owner was nice enough to show me some of his toys. Jag, ultra-rare porche, 383 C4!! And that was at his house, he said he has more toys at the shop!!!

I've used the product on my Vette, and it worked wonders for my seats. It is a little time consuming, but most leather products are. What is good about leatherique is that it works great on other porus surfaces like vinal and rubber!!! Just apply the same way you apply it on leather and get equally professional results. Yes, they are used on all types of leather products: Old leather WWI uniform restorations, leather boots, rolls-royce leather (which is extremely high quality), and other vintage restorations and top-tier applications. I guess it's obvious that I like leatherique!!! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Leatherique leather product.

Quick Reply: Leatherique leather product.