Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

cleaner to use in tornador????

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default cleaner to use in tornador????

So I am considering purchasing a tornador to speed along my dash and interior cleaning. What cleaner do you all recommend using in it and at what dilution rate?

-Justin
Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

What is a tornador?

Never mind, I did a search, I myself have a prob with shooting water in side my car.
Mr.Bill

Last edited by Mr.Bill; 09-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have used a steam cleaner in the past which gets about the same amount of water on interior parts as the tornador does. What I like about the tornador is that I can go from cleaning solution to air blowing very easily. As long as you don't put gallons of water all over electronics, using a little water to clean your interior is fine. I have used quite a bit of water on some interiors with my extractor before with no issues.

-Justin
Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 PM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is a tornador?

Tornador air/liquid cleaning tool- this product is totally unique; its air driven oscillating tip and nozzle creates a venturi (tornado) cleaning action that tackles some of the most challenging jobs. Save time and product costs. Clean dirty car interiors faster and better, for cleaning hard vinyl, plastic, storage pockets, door jambs, nooks, crannies, consoles, dashboards, and other hard to reach areas of automotive interiors.

It uses a unique pressurized air process to spray a mixture of water and soap onto a dirty surface. After wiping area with a towel or brushing area simply turn a lever to air purge and help dry the cleaned surfaces. Requires a minimum air pressure of 5.0 CFM @ 60 to 90 PSI, for optimum performance (max 110 PSI) (approx 130 USD)

What cleaner do you recommend using in it and at what dilution rate?

To clean any surface, dilute a cleaner (1:5 - P21S Total Auto Wash) as necessary; turn the liquid valve straight up and use an overlapping motion as you pass the gun over the surface. If necessary, allow the cleaning liquid to dwell for 10-15 seconds. Use a microfiber towel to absorb excess liquid. Then turn the liquid valve off and use the compressed air to dry the cleaned area.

Makes interior cleaning more efficient and easier but the expense of the tool and the air supply just may make it a little too expensive for hobby detailers.

Last edited by TOGWT; 09-05-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To cleaner to use in tornador????

Quick Reply: cleaner to use in tornador????