Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best Wax Protecter??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Wax Protecter??

In Florida it is love bug season. The nasty bugs will scar the clear coat finish. What is the best wax to protect from bug gut scaring? Does such a product exsist?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:27 AM
0zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coolhand5599, I know the feeling about them love bugs that we have here, the best way to try to keep them off to a minimum is to try to keep your front end cover with 2 coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant and then top it off with Collinite paste wax and carry in your ride a bottle of 1Z einszett Anti-Insekt + Pre-Cleaner which won't remove any wax or sealant and a Power Scrubber Microfiber Applicator Pad or Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Sponge with your microfiber towels to wipe them off when your done getting off the front end. Remember we are just 20-30 mins from you in Tampa Bay! I'll be happy to help you in your detailing needs and always here for you and everyone else on the forum.

Angelo
Email me at Angelo.g@properautocare.com
Toll Free 1-800-628-7596

The Most Talk About Sealant In the World Blackfire Wet Diamond

Old 09-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've tried NXT, Rejex, and Zaino but Collinite trumps them all for protecting the paint.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:14 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhand5599
In Florida it is love bug season. The nasty bugs will scar the clear coat finish. What is the best wax to protect from bug gut scaring? Does such a product exsist?
First get a bottle of Poorboys Bug Remover, this is a life saver and designed with Florida Love Bugs indeed. As offered the key is to get them off the paint as quickly as possible as those bodies are like acid and will etch quickly. I transferred some to a small spray bottle and keep in zip-lock with MF towel in hatch on Vette.

The second challenge is to get a rather durable product on the paint. Consider Collonite or Rejex or Klasse Twins as super products that protect and protect and protect. Just remember no matter the product this is quite a thin barrier at best. Next is to use a spray booster product, like Duragloss Aquawax, that offers some additional protection at each wash session. Easier than rewaxing and really seems to help. (Im in Florida too).

http://www.autogeek.net/corrosion-technologies.html (Rejex)
and
http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bug-squash.html (Bug Squash)
and
http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-aquawax--951.html (Aquawax)
Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 AM
VETTEHIGH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kale
I've tried NXT, Rejex, and Zaino but Collinite trumps them all for protecting the paint.
Collinite

Get notified of new replies

To Best Wax Protecter??

Quick Reply: Best Wax Protecter??