Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best over the counter car wash/detail spray/wax

Old 12-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Z06seal
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best over the counter car wash/detail spray/wax

I was curious which ones I should pick up from an auto supply store

I want something for washing the car/wax and detail spray

I used the turtle ice wax on my BMW few years ago when it came out, and it worked great. it was a good shine with good touch to it. I was told however this doesn't stay on too long and it lasts about a month on the car

so I was curious which wax I should be using on this Z06

also car wash soap. I use the basic turtle wax one. I know there are ones like wash&wax and all... those any good? meguiars seemed to have a nice one (it's yellow) that has carbanura wax in it. looked good, but expensive.

There was also eagle one's nanosomething wash. that looked decent too. I've used their car wash products before and I've been pleased...

and lastly. a detail spray to keep her dust/dirt free that i'll do once or twice a week

I guess I could order them from autogeek, but then you gotta deal with shipping etc etc. so I rather just get it from the store.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:25 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06seal
I guess I could order them from autogeek, but then you gotta deal with shipping etc etc. so I rather just get it from the store.
Weve got 20% off and free shipping today as a thank you. Add into it all the best brands and you could certainly do worse shopping retail. Let us fufill your holiday wishes
Old 12-25-2010, 06:27 PM
PacificaVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

AutoGeek has a FREE shipping + 20% discount offer today (see their post). I just placed yet another order with them---too hard to resist.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Z06seal
Pro

Autogeek had some things that actually cost a couple more bux even with their 20% disc compared to advance autoparts.

While i appreciate Autogeek and I'm sure that I'll be making few purchases from them soon, I wanted to get some otc stuff from a local place so I can wash her today... Lol

Ps. I love that foam gun thing and I'll be purchasing that soon! Those suds looked too awesome too pass up!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

We do offer a price match guarantee if someone happens to beat us. Guaranteed !

That said if shopping retail, stick to Mothers, Mequiars Professional (brown bottles) or perhaps Duragloss.

Foam guns do rock ....
Old 12-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Z06seal
Pro

I've been looking at the wolfgang cleanser and sealant 3.0 and also the klasse aio. Will most likely go with wg sealant, but can't decide on paint cleaner
Old 12-27-2010, 12:26 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

otc-

Wash- Duragloss shampoo (available at carquest) or meguiars gold class (available anywhere)
wax- Duragloss 105 (carquest) sealant similar to zaino z5, or meguiars #20 paint sealant or #26 yellow wax (available anywhere)
quick detailer- duragloss fast clean and shine (car quest) similar to zaino z6, or meguiars ultimate quick detailer (available anywhere)
Old 12-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Z06seal
Pro

Now im looking at the zaino products... Wolf gang, pinnacle are all new to me. I've heard of zaino since I owned my first fbody in 2000...

Hmmm. Bit more cost friendly as well I think?
Old 12-27-2010, 09:25 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

If you insist on OTC I would go with Mequairs NXT 2.0 very easy to use with great shine, and for other needs I would stick with the Mequairs line of products.
If you decide to use a sealant I would go with Rejex, will last 6 months. Zaino is great but to me they offer too many products, complicates the process and adds to the cost.
Good luck.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Now im looking at the zaino products... Wolf gang, pinnacle are all new to me. I've heard of zaino since I owned my first fbody in 2000...

try the duragloss line in my experiences it is about 98% similar to zaino (in before the zainophiles)

Originally Posted by dvilin
If you insist on OTC I would go with Mequairs NXT 2.0 very easy to use with great shine, and for other needs I would stick with the Mequairs line of products.
If you decide to use a sealant I would go with Rejex, will last 6 months. Zaino is great but to me they offer too many products, complicates the process and adds to the cost.
Good luck.
I dont think rejex is available OTC

another product you should look at that people swear up and down is blackfire wet diamond sealant...that is by far my favorite sealant
Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Z06seal
Pro

How is that mother's 3 stage thing? with the cleaner, sealant, carb wax?

I've never really heard anything bad about mothers

I'll check out duragloss

Last edited by Z06seal; 12-27-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM
traindude
Race Director

Originally Posted by blackmachdown
...I dont think rejex is available OTC...
Got my bottle of Rejex at True Value...
Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Pinnacle and Wolfgang have been around for many years and often seen at specialty shops and concours (Pinnacle) events. The products are some of the best going and designed to be super easy. We make those brands in house and also a third line called DP (Detailers Pride) which is more budget friendly with good ole Made in the USA materials and ingredients.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by traindude
Got my bottle of Rejex at True Value...
really? hmm looks like im going there tomorrow!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Z06seal
Pro

true value.. haven't heard of them. who's that?

edit - looks like a hardware store, I'll go and pick some up tomorrow.

in the meantime, anything to recc that'll help me hide away my spiderwebs until I can get them fixed professionally?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:00 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

true value.. haven't heard of them. who's that?

edit - looks like a hardware store, I'll go and pick some up tomorrow.

in the meantime, anything to recc that'll help me hide away my spiderwebs until I can get them fixed professionally?
if your going to get rejex...Pepboys sells autoglym products, buy some autoglym super resin polish, its a synthetic glaze/cleaner aio, rejex should play nice.
I saw in your profile you have a red z. you might also like autoglym high definition wax pepboys carries it ($50), but i think if you search walmart you can find it on clearance there (under $25)
Old 12-28-2010, 04:34 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just buy some dawn blue soap, some meguiars nxt 2.0 or gold glass wax, along with some mothers/meguiars spray wax/detailer and you'll be set. I wash with a microfiber mit as well. I use a 2 bucket method as well. After the wax is on there, I use meguiars cash wash/wax to increase durability ( or at least I think ) for the next few months.

That said, I've switched to rejex recently. And its the best stuff I've ever used. I use Pinnacle crystal mist spray detailer in between waxes, and top the rejex off with the meguiars gold class carnauba wax. Best setup I've came across and so so easy. You can put on a coat every day in less than 20 -30 minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To Best over the counter car wash/detail spray/wax

Old 12-28-2010, 04:42 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Meguiar's is my favorite OTC product.

If I were buying only OTC I would get this to meet the 5 steps of auto care...

Turtle Wax Ice Soap (one of the best soaps I have used...OTC or Boutique)
Claymagic Claybar
Meguiar's 105/205 polish combo (Or Ultimate Compound followed by SwirlX, which can be found easily)
Meguiar's liquid NXT 2.0
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer or Ultimate Quick Wax

M105 and M205 would be the only thing tough to find locally, but I believe some Oreilly's stock it and all can order it to their store.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 12-28-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Z06seal
Pro

what cleaner should I use before the rejex? How about that autoglym one? I didn't want something that's a AIO since I'm putting a coat of rejex on there as well. Wouldn't a cleaner/glaze/sealant make it harder for rejex to bond to the paint since it has sealant propeties in it?
Old 12-28-2010, 04:45 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Meguiar's is my favorite OTC product.

If I were buying only OTC I would get this to meet the 5 steps of auto care...

Turtle Wax Ice Soap (one of the best soaps I have used...OTC or Boutique)
Claymagic Claybar
Meguiar's 105/205 combo
Meguiar's NXT 2.0
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer or Ultimate Quick Wax

M105 and M205 would be the only thing tough to find locally, but I believe some Oreilly's stock it and all can order it to their store.
I agree. Meguiars is a great company imo. I however wouldnt even recommend a claybar. I've never clayed a car in my life and all the finishes on my cars are smooth as could good be. My 83 Trans am has the original paint on it and its paint is just as smooth as the day we picked it up new. But to each their own, it may just be where I live. But I do agree that for OTC, meguiars is the way to go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best over the counter car wash/detail spray/wax