Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

ZAINO + Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Default ZAINO + Wax?

I have seen lots of posts where people use a "wax" after they do several coats of ZAINO (or other sealant).

My question is how do you then apply additional coats of Zaino over time once you have added a layer(s) of wax? (I assume it would not bond to the wax?)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:10 AM
EliteGreg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the answer is to strip it with either a paintwork cleanser or abrasively with polish and then start over.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Wax only last a month or so, several of my buddies use Wolfgang Fuzion as an enhancer and Z6/8 all the time
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

If you do use a nuba topper you will need to strip any wax before applying additional coats of Zaino.

This is why I stick with CS/Z8 or straight Z8 as my topper and do not bother with a nuba topper, especially since I found no advantage to the nuba topper.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Zaino is a great sealant for paint and offers alot of gloss and reflection. If you decide to top with a pure wax topper (like Souveran, Fuzion etc.) I would suggest using a paint cleansing lotion to remove all products once you feel they dropped off in looks and feel.

Zaino is certainly quite durable, one of the best, and you will likely also be able to recoat with the wax several times prior to removing them all as desired. Often times you will be able to keep the wax up also with spray wax booster products like Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax.

It comes down to personal preference, and as Frank offered, Z8 is very nice on all sealants especially the Z line.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Why would you put wax over a Zaino product anyways, you can always finish off with the Z2 pro as your final process and you can add as many coats as you want , I just think that doing a sealant process then having to strip off product to add another product just sounds like wasted time to me.

Zaino products are all designed to work together, if you prefer to use a Carnuba wax of some sort I would stay with that product and not use any Zaino product then.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I agree with the others on not trying to get fancy by adding a topper to Zaino. If you want to use a Carnuba you would need to strip and then stick with that.

For me there is little to be gained in shine if you finish a well prepared car (using Zaino products) with Clear Sealant and Z8 Grand Finale.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Choreo
I have seen lots of posts where people use a "wax" after they do several coats of ZAINO (or other sealant).

My question is how do you then apply additional coats of Zaino over time once you have added a layer(s) of wax? (I assume it would not bond to the wax?)
Never seen an advantage topping Zaino with wax, although I have tried many wax toppers on Zaino over 15 years, all I found was they caused more dust and dirt pickup, but try it for yourself.

Get notified of new replies

To ZAINO + Wax?

Quick Reply: ZAINO + Wax?