Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Does it always seem to rain after you wash your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM
derty01
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Does it always seem to rain after you wash your car?

So, just recently went back to using the Vette as my DD since the wife and I reduced our cars by giving one to our family back at home and now every time I wash the Vette I swear it rains the following day.

Even with checking the weather and it showing maybe a 10% chance it turns into 100% after I wash my car

Sooooooooo, just curious if you had 1 day in between rain would you wash your car or not? My wife thinks I am crazy to wash it again since it is going to rain later today and tomorrow.

Owning black just shows all the dirt from the rain and driving and its bothers me hahaha.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:57 AM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My vette is not a daily driver so I have the luxury of washing it even a day before it rains since it will stay in the garage.

Now for my daily driver, a typical wash using 2 buckets and hose will take me about 2 hours including the time to clean up the equipment, roll up the hose, etc. I always like to watch the weather to ensure I have at least 2 days of no rain before I will go through the trouble of washing, otherwise I feel its a wasted effort. Living in Maryland, this spring we've seen a lot of rain and so I wasn't able to do a full detail on the DD until June so I feel your pain.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:32 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Its funny you mention this .... I wash most of my cars weekly and for the last several months we have been in drought in South Florida, but a quick sprinkle seems to only happen in my area. I also havent had time to do my fathers Caddy, so last weekend after family dinner I go out to wash it. It rained and poured for more than an hour. Not only was the car wet but the roads get so nasty, the spit-up negated everything and more !!! Detailers Law I suppose ....
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 PM
derty01
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And what I hate is driving around and people giving me the stink eye like I do not take care of my car. Last black car I will own. Guess I am going to have to get use to driving around dirty until weather permits.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It seems to be a physical law of the universe that rain automatically follows a car wash.

Maybe droughts can be avoided by contracting Corvette owners to take their cars to sites of the least rainfall and provide them with a hose and wash bucket.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been trying to do my share on making, or trying to make it rain here in the south Houston side of town by washing my vette. No real luck. Haven't have any real measurable rain since January. What I really hate more than that, is after detailing and I am driving around and the sprinkler systems overspray the lawn and shoot water onto the road causing your nice clean detailed vette wet.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Gary79
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no, the birds sheit on it

Get notified of new replies

To Does it always seem to rain after you wash your car?

Quick Reply: Does it always seem to rain after you wash your car?