Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Black Magic Tire Wet .. Not much to write home about

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Black Magic Tire Wet .. Not much to write home about

Anyone here ever use Black Magic Tire Wet?

I went to Walmart and basically grabbed the first bottle of tire black I saw. I can tell you this ... It doesn't do much at all.

I am looking for something better that is not in an aerosol bottle. I don't like aerosol sprays since the sidewalls on our Corvettes are so narrow. Spray-on products just go everywhere (besides the tire's sidewall).

The only thing I liked about the Black Magic is that you can spray it out of it's pump bottle on a rag, and then use that rag to wipe it in the tire sidewall.

Like I said ... Black Magic Tire Wet don't do much at all. Here is what it looks like just after a couple of days ...

Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Do you want a high gloss product ?? Looking for spray, gel, lotion, or aerosol type product ?? Lots of good products that are available locally and by mail as desired. Let us know if we can help.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Thank's for the reply

Well, I am looking for something that will give some gloss to the sidewalls.

I don't want a product that I spray on the tires (sidewalls of these tires is just too narrow, and the product just goes everywhere else besides the sidewalls).

I want a product that can be applied to a small rag (from a standard bottle or a spray-pump type bottle) .. and then applied to the sidewalls of the tires with the rag. Kinda like that spray bottle of Black Magic (only something that works!)
Old 08-10-2011, 09:34 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

You guys need to put the "rags" down and find some of those half-moon shaped foam applicators. 3 squirts on the foam per tire is all I need to do a tire.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
steele11
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you got a bad bottle mine lasts for weeks and looks great.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

303 Aerosapce protectant makes tires look great. After trying everything, including Zaino Z16 (which I like), this seems to work the best. I wipe it on with a rag. It gives a nice matte finish with some shine, but not too much. It's not greasy, doesn't sling and it nourishes the tire rather than making it deteriorate.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
You guys need to put the "rags" down and find some of those half-moon shaped foam applicators. 3 squirts on the foam per tire is all I need to do a tire.
. I use NXT insane tire shine aerosol spray to spray the foam applicator then rub it on the sidewalls. It provides a nice shine without being too greasy looking and lasts for weeks, even after it rains (daily driver here).
Old 08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel

I put this stuff on my tire. Put a very light coat on them or it will sling. I put a drop in the palm of my, rub my hands togther and then apply sparingly in one direction all over the tire, and then with the other hand I repeat the process in the counterclosewise motion. If I see where there is a collection in the tire groves, I take my finger and wipe those areas removing the excess.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Several good dressings exist that have some gloss, Endurance from Megs now comes in a spray bottle. Our Pinnacle and Wolfgang dressings are nice too. I would also suggest trying to apply the dressings with a foam wax applicator for best control on low profile tires.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel for me. I got a free sample of this stuff from Autogeek and have been hooked ever since.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:36 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Thank's for the reply

Well, I am looking for something that will give some gloss to the sidewalls.

I don't want a product that I spray on the tires (sidewalls of these tires is just too narrow, and the product just goes everywhere else besides the sidewalls).

I want a product that can be applied to a small rag (from a standard bottle or a spray-pump type bottle) .. and then applied to the sidewalls of the tires with the rag. Kinda like that spray bottle of Black Magic (only something that works!)
I use Wolfgang tire gel you apply it with a applicator or a sponge or a rag or anything you like. it gives a clean shiney apperance that lasts for weeks. Autogeek has it. Ive tried them all and this is the one Ive settled on

Clif
Old 08-13-2011, 07:27 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by capevettes
303 Aerosapce protectant makes tires look great. After trying everything, including Zaino Z16 (which I like), this seems to work the best. I wipe it on with a rag. It gives a nice matte finish with some shine, but not too much. It's not greasy, doesn't sling and it nourishes the tire rather than making it deteriorate.
Been using it on my tires and rubber moldings for years.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 341 Likes on 213 Posts

Hot rodders have been using Lemon Pledge on their tires for a half a century.

Get notified of new replies

To Black Magic Tire Wet .. Not much to write home about

Quick Reply: Black Magic Tire Wet .. Not much to write home about