Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Does anyone make a similar product to Zaino ClearSeal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Does anyone make a similar product to Zaino ClearSeal?

The price for Zaino CS is expensive for an application I have been thinking about! I know it goes on thin and you can supposedly do 12 cars per bottle, but it never works out that way for me.

Are there any other products out there that have the ease of use, same durability, but for less $$$? I want to put it on an aluminum patio rail at my beach house. I just can't justify the cost of ClearSeal for this application.

I'd like to find a similar product, with good durabilty, that will keep my patio rail from oxidizing so quickly. ClearSeal should be easy to put on and not get all greasy like a thin coat of Furniture oil would be. I'd just like to find something cheaper.

Whattya say?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

You should get at least 40-45 coats out of a bottle, we do at my detailing shop.
As far as durabillity, anything I have tried, like Meguiar's Qwik Wax, did not even come close. A customer left it behind after seeing us do his car with Clear Seal.
Another one I have tried that doesn't quite live up to the hype in durability or shine is PPC Perfect Detail It is not bad, but the durability isn't there.
I was selling it for awhile until CS came along, think I still have about 8 or 9 bottles of the stuff. Best Finish is in AZ, so you might be able to get it locally.
Having said that, CS has been our go to product, you just can't beat the shine and durability for $.75 an application
Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

How about Opti-Seal? How does it compare to Zaino ClearSeal?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:31 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
You should get at least 40-45 coats out of a bottle, we do at my detailing shop.
As far as durabillity, anything I have tried, like Meguiar's Qwik Wax, did not even come close. A customer left it behind after seeing us do his car with Clear Seal.
Another one I have tried that doesn't quite live up to the hype in durability or shine is PPC Perfect Detail It is not bad, but the durability isn't there.
I was selling it for awhile until CS came along, think I still have about 8 or 9 bottles of the stuff. Best Finish is in AZ, so you might be able to get it locally.
Having said that, CS has been our go to product, you just can't beat the shine and durability for $.75 an application
I can do at least 40 cars with one bottle. I did a GMC Yukon yesterday. The owner commented that the level in the bottle appeared unchanged. $.75 is about right per application. If you are only getting 12 applications out of a bottle you are using way too much product and you will get alot of hazing.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by capevettes
I can do at least 40 cars with one bottle. I did a GMC Yukon yesterday. The owner commented that the level in the bottle appeared unchanged. $.75 is about right per application. If you are only getting 12 applications out of a bottle you are using way too much product and you will get alot of hazing.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 AM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Don't know, but it appears to be the same type of product. Why don't you try it and let us know your thoughts?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Opti-seal from Optimum offers additional gloss in my opinion but needs a little care in applying very thin. Ultima also offers a great one and the most durable (longest lasting) of the three. And of course if you want to apply one coat and not need an application for two years you can consider Opti-coat 2.0 as a true coating with no buffing required.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-guard-plus-4.html
Old 12-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Cybernetic Medic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Opti-seal from Optimum offers additional gloss in my opinion but needs a little care in applying very thin. Ultima also offers a great one and the most durable (longest lasting) of the three. And of course if you want to apply one coat and not need an application for two years you can consider Opti-coat 2.0 as a true coating with no buffing required.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-guard-plus-4.html
I've been wondering if Opti-coat 2.0 has any filling properties. They compare it to a second clear coat and refer to it as "self-leveling". It would be nice if it would fill those micro nicks in the clear coat that you get on the nose.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Cybernetic Medic
I've been wondering if Opti-coat 2.0 has any filling properties. They compare it to a second clear coat and refer to it as "self-leveling". It would be nice if it would fill those micro nicks in the clear coat that you get on the nose.
I used the original version for professionals only, and it had no real filling abilities. Car needs to be pristine in finish first. It has kept up well but I found it was a little cranky with some spray products initially. The newer version dries a bit slower so any over application can be buffed off by hand and offered to be just as durable.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone make a similar product to Zaino ClearSeal?

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a similar product to Zaino ClearSeal?