Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

A Close Look at the New Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default A Close Look at the New Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth

The search for the perfect microfiber towel is over! We're very excited to introduce the new Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth to Autogeek's vast line of microfiber towels and tools. Named after one of nature's furriest animals, the Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth features a deep pile surrounded by a luxurious red cloth border. You can use the Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth for practically all your detailing needs including quick detail sprays, spray waxes, waterless washes and interior dusting just to name a few.

The Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth is 16" x 16" and is made of dense 600 g/m² microfiber that pampers your vehicle's delicate finish.

Both sides of the Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth are plush.

To put the new Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth to the test I grabbed one of my favorite spray waxes, Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax and headed outside.

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax is one of my favorite spray waxes because it's easy to use and thanks to its high blend of carnauba wax and crystalline polymers, it can even be used as a stand alone LSP. It's compatible with any wax or sealant and wipes on and off without a fuss.

Tip: Before using any spray wax, prime your microfiber towel with a couple sprays of the product. This ensures that you're simply not wiping the wax off when you swipe the towel across the paint, but rather you're working the wax into the paint. Two or three sprays is all that's needed when starting out with a fresh towel.

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax is highly concentrated and a little bit goes a long way. For most vehicles two sprays is all that's required per panel. If you're working on a hood or trunk lid, I've found that four or five sprays is more than adequate.

Tip: Work out of direct sunlight and ensure the surface is clean and cool to the touch.

With the Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth folded four ways, spread the wax across the surface using very little pressure. If any streaking occurs, you're using too much product.

Once you're finished with each section flip the towel over to a dry side and lightly buff!

Overall I was really impressed with the new Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth and its performance, plushness and durability. The towel does not lint at all and when washed with a high quality microfiber detergent, rest assured you won't be going through them often, unless of course your friends or family snag them. Trust me when I say that you will find an excuse to say the towel's name out every chance you get.

"....Hey pops, have you seen my Chinchilla?!"

Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

Old 11-12-2011, 07:04 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Do you think this towel is superior to the Cobra Lavender towel?

Quick Reply: A Close Look at the New Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth