Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

New Formula Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax Impresses

Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default New Formula Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax Impresses

Two facts about me; I like my steak medium-well and I only use spray waxes that are easy to use. Being surrounded by 29,000 square feet of world-class car care products makes the latter obtainable on a day-to-day basis. And while an under cooked steak wouldn't stop me from eating at the same restaurant again, a spray wax that doesn't meet my standards is something I'll often give to a friend of family member as a birthday gift. I only like to use the good stuff, and working at Autogeek being surrounded by over seventy brands that are carefully selected makes that possible.

New products are introduced on what seems to be a weekly basis. Frankly, I'm excited about every single one of them and it's not unusual for me to dedicate a couple hours on a Sunday to test these new offerings from various manufacturers. While most products can wait until Sunday comes along, sometimes I can't resist testing them right away. So when I walked in this morning and had a bottle of the new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax sitting on my desk, I didn't waste any time and headed out to the Show Car Garage with one of my favorite microfiber towels, the Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges.

The new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax is now loaded with advanced UVA and UVB absorbers that provide increased protection against the sun's rays. In addition to the more advanced protection, the new formula also contains additional gloss enhancers for an even better shine than before.

The great thing about a quality spray wax such as Pinnacle's XMT 360 Spray Wax is that you can use it to boost existing paint protection or use it as a stand alone wax. XMT 360 Spray Wax is compatible with all waxes and paint sealants and is a great product to use after every wash because it's quick and easy to use.

For application of the XMT 360 Spray Wax I grabbed a green Super Soft Deluxe Microfiber Towel with Rolled Edges. This has been one of the more talked about towels on the forum lately and for good reason; quality and price, two areas that it excels in. The towel is constructed very nicely and features a flat weave on one side and a medium nap on the other. The medium nap makes it the ideal towel for use with a spray wax or quick detail spray. It's appropriately sized (16" x 16") so you can comfortably fold it four ways. I also like the vibrant green color because it's easy to locate on the fly.

A helpful tip to keep in mind before using any spray wax is to first prime the microfiber towel with a couple sprays of the product. This ensures that you're simply not wiping the wax off the paint when the towel glides across the surface, but rather you're working the wax into the paint. Two or three sprays is all that's needed when starting out with a fresh towel and it guarantees the best performance from the product that you're using.

After priming your microfiber towel of choice, spray the wax on one panel at a time and work the product into the paint, similar to how you would apply a liquid paint sealant or liquid wax. After doing so, flip the towel over and lightly buff any remaining residue.

A spray wax should always be applied to a surface that's clean and dry. A spray wax contains more protective properties to enhance the paint and protect it, while a quick detail spray contain more lubricants that enable it to remove light dust and dirt without scratching the finish.

About fifteen minutes later I was finished and grabbed the keys to Max's Corvette so I could pull it outside and inspect my work. If the new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax looked half as good as it performed, I knew my friends or family wouldn't be getting a slightly-used bottle of this product for their birthday.

The new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax made the Corvette's paint ooze with depth and color and thanks to its advanced blend of carnauba and UVA and UVB absorbers, the finish will be protected for months to come.

If you've been on the fence about a spray wax, rest assured that it's no longer considered a lazy man's way of waxing because thanks to advancements in technology, products such as Pinnacle's new formula XMT 360 Spray Wax provide the protection against the elements that was once exclusive to a liquid or paste wax.

Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Formula Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax Impresses