Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Duster In Mid America Catalog

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 07:15 PM
Corvettedon
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duster In Mid America Catalog

Does anyone know if the car duster in Mid America is a "California" duster? I just noticed it says that it is treated with "silicon." :eek:
Old 05-13-2002, 08:34 AM
georgehafe
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In 1, 2, 6, 8 Veteran

Default Re: Duster In Mid America Catalog (Corvettedon)

Go to Wal-Mart, They have them there and i'm sure it will be cheaper. Remember to leave it on newspaper for several days turning every now and again to remove the wax/stuff from it :)
Old 05-13-2002, 12:07 PM
KLO
Safety Car

No, the one in Mid Amer. is not a Cal duster, it is really crappy and cheap with a thin mop head. The California duster at WalMart is the retail version and also has the thin mop head, the "real" enthusiast version can be bought from Summit Racing for 16.75 or from California Car Cover Company, I have the master catalog from California Car Duster Company and can buy at wholesale if I choose to. The mop head on the better version is twice as thick and heavy and long too as the one at Walmart, the Walmart version will work but I much prefer the heavier mop head on my black car.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Corvettedon
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Duster In Mid America Catalog (KLO)

Thanks. I now see that California Car Duster has a website too. I would be interested in knowing, KLO, if you buy/sell them. I'm going to have to replace mine. I know one came from Mid America and I don't know where I got the other one from--although I thought it came from California Car Cover Company.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:24 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Thanks. I now see that California Car Duster has a website too. I would be interested in knowing, KLO, if you buy/sell them. I'm going to have to replace mine. I know one came from Mid America and I don't know where I got the other one from--although I thought it came from California Car Cover Company.
The better ones do come from California Car Cover company but they are 19.99 with them, I ordered two the other day online from http://www.summitracing.com for 16.75.

I have not bought any dusters for resale yet, they do not give you a very good price break plus shipping would be very high. Plus they are bulking and when I go to shows they would be hard to carry. Also, unless you compare the 9 dollar kind at Walmart to these better kind most people will not buy from me but opt for the 9 dollar version at WalMart.

Old 05-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Corvettedon
Melting Slicks

The mop head on the better version is twice as thick and heavy and long too
Well, I have three dusters and apparently only one is a real CD. I took my IROC out of it's capsule today and looked at the one I keep inside it that has belonged to it exclusively since day one. IT has the thick long strands and even feels heavier. My other two are FAKES! Now I know why they don't work as good. Thanks for the info. I'll be getting a new one for the Vette!
Old 05-14-2002, 09:18 PM
KLO
Safety Car

It is not really a fake, both are made by the California Car Cover Company, they just make two, a cheap version for retail discount store sales and a heavy one for car show people, here is how you tell the difference:

Good one: has wood handle, from the warehouse distributor master price schedule that I have it is part number: 62442

Cheaper one (still works not quite the quality as the one above) has plastic handle of various colors and from the same price schedule is part number: 62443
Old 05-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Corvettedon
Melting Slicks

KLO, Thanks. So, is the one that Mid America sells the cheaper version?
Old 05-14-2002, 11:49 PM
KLO
Safety Car

I talked to the Mid America sales guy at the C-5 Bash at the NCM last month, they do not sell the California Car Duster brand name, they sell some cheap imitation.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:17 AM
Corvettedon
Melting Slicks

KLO, Well I know my last one came from Mid America. The slip on portion is red, so I know I'm tossing that one. But, I also have a third one that I can't remember where I got it from; it too is thin and cheap. I think I'm going to replace both cheap ones.

Get notified of new replies

To Duster In Mid America Catalog

Quick Reply: Duster In Mid America Catalog