Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Anyone else have problems with Griots 1L bottles leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone else have problems with Griots 1L bottles leaking?

I had three bottles spontaneously develop leaks. The first one (microfiber cleaning fluid) dripped all over one of my wife's Kate Spade boxes. it was a backup bottle, so I didn't notice until it was half empty. I just kind of dismissed it as "stuff happens". Two more started leaking shortly after that discovery. All were stored inside when the weather got cold, none were exposed to any high heats or anything unusual. All developed leaks in the same place - in the casting indentation on the bottom.

Griots was great about it - they replaced them after they verified the purchases in their computer. Shipped them out and all is good.

When I got the replacements I checked the bottoms of the new ones and discovered they've completely changed the bottles - no more seam or casting indents on the bottom. Looks like mine wasn't an isolated incident.

If anyone else had any bottles leak, give Griots a call!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:04 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
I had three bottles spontaneously develop leaks. The first one (microfiber cleaning fluid) dripped all over one of my wife's Kate Spade boxes. it was a backup bottle, so I didn't notice until it was half empty. I just kind of dismissed it as "stuff happens". Two more started leaking shortly after that discovery. All were stored inside when the weather got cold, none were exposed to any high heats or anything unusual. All developed leaks in the same place - in the casting indentation on the bottom.

Griots was great about it - they replaced them after they verified the purchases in their computer. Shipped them out and all is good.

When I got the replacements I checked the bottoms of the new ones and discovered they've completely changed the bottles - no more seam or casting indents on the bottom. Looks like mine wasn't an isolated incident.

If anyone else had any bottles leak, give Griots a call!
Sounds like you were not first if they replaced without hesitation and changed the design of the bottle.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have problems with Griots 1L bottles leaking?