Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

HD Poxy - The Original

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 PM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default HD Poxy - The Original

HD POXY along with HD UNO were the 2 products that changed my professional life as a detailer. After the first detail, I was hooked. I couldn't believe how much simpler and easier it was while you use a lot less too! Using only 2 products, yet the gloss/shine was noticeably better. That was August of 2009. I have been using these 2 products ever since.

Crafted from Mined Fossilized Montan Wax
Higher Temp-Resistance than Carnauba!

http://www.autopia-store.org/HD-Poxy.html?a_aid=8013

HD Poxy®, is a hybrid paint sealant/wax that has been designed to bond to the painted surface for protection and a long lasting durable shine. Its montan wax properties wilHD Poxy®, is a hybrid paint sealant/wax that has been designed to bond to the painted surface for protection and a long lasting durable shine. Its montan wax properties will darken the appearance and create depth for the ultimate wet-look shine, works exceptionally well on all colors including black and dark color paints. Unlike any wax available HD Poxy® will give you a deep, glossy finish while protecting against the natural effects of Mother Nature, bird droppings, acid rain, hard water deposits and many other adverse paint challenges.

Crafted from Mined Fossilized Montan Wax HD POXY® is the highest heat resistant wax on the market. Carnauba Wax melts at 187°F, whereas Montan Wax melting point is 203°F.l darken the appearance and create depth for the ultimate wet-look shine, works exceptionally well on all colors including black and dark color paints. Unlike any wax available HD Poxy® will give you a deep, glossy finish while protecting against the natural effects of Mother Nature, bird droppings, acid rain, hard water deposits and many other adverse paint challenges.

Crafted from Mined Fossilized Montan Wax HD POXY® is the highest heat resistant wax on the market. Carnauba Wax melts at 187°F, whereas Montan Wax melting point is 203°F.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 PM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Nothing but HD UNO & HD POXY

P1010692 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1010697 by thomasdekany, on Flickr
Old 06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Very impressive.......

How do you rate the HD polishes against Menzerna in general......?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 PM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Dave1
Very impressive.......

How do you rate the HD polishes against Menzerna in general......?
Since you asked - thanks BTW!

Like most high end detailers, I have used menzerna for years.

But not since I first tried HD UNO. Now there is nothing wrong with them, they will provide great finish for sure.

1 - THE biggest difference for me is the deep dark finish I get with the HD polishes. That alone sold me after the first panel I corrected. Menzerna is more shiny (to me eyes)

2 - I don't care for dusting at at all - I actually hate polishing dust. the HD line doesn dust. Can't say that for menzerna

3 - HD polishes do not hide. Can't say that for menzerna

4 - easy to use, humidity doesn't effect it. Menzerna is finicky like that.

5 - Simpler. With the exception of flat, non metallic paint, you can just use HD UNO. All you do is change pads, from wool cutting to soft finishing pads. 1 product does it all. UNO is that good of a product. It is simple. How many bottles of polish do I need to purchase to get the job done? Right?

6 - HD polishes have a long working time.

7 - The amount of product that you need is minimal, including the wax HD POXY. Saves $$$ (I know some don't care about that)

You should see my collection of detailing items when I do mobile work. 1 big bin of towels, 1 big bin of pads, and 4 32oz of bottles.

HD UNO, HD SPEED, HD POLISH and HD POXY.

In the past I used to have 1 full bin of polishes, waxes, sealants etc...
Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Tom@3dproducts
Since you asked - thanks BTW!

Like most high end detailers, I have used menzerna for years.

But not since I first tried HD UNO. Now there is nothing wrong with them, they will provide great finish for sure.

1 - THE biggest difference for me is the deep dark finish I get with the HD polishes. That alone sold me after the first panel I corrected. Menzerna is more shiny (to me eyes)

2 - I don't care for dusting at at all - I actually hate polishing dust. the HD line doesn dust. Can't say that for menzerna

3 - HD polishes do not hide. Can't say that for menzerna

4 - easy to use, humidity doesn't effect it. Menzerna is finicky like that.

5 - Simpler. With the exception of flat, non metallic paint, you can just use HD UNO. All you do is change pads, from wool cutting to soft finishing pads. 1 product does it all. UNO is that good of a product. It is simple. How many bottles of polish do I need to purchase to get the job done? Right?

6 - HD polishes have a long working time.

7 - The amount of product that you need is minimal, including the wax HD POXY. Saves $$$ (I know some don't care about that)

You should see my collection of detailing items when I do mobile work. 1 big bin of towels, 1 big bin of pads, and 4 32oz of bottles.

HD UNO, HD SPEED, HD POLISH and HD POXY.

In the past I used to have 1 full bin of polishes, waxes, sealants etc...
Ok, thanks for that information........

Does the polish break down the longer you work it......?

And have you noticed any filler products in HD disappearing after a few washes.....?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Dave1
Ok, thanks for that information........

Does the polish break down the longer you work it......?

And have you noticed any filler products in HD disappearing after a few washes.....?

Step #3

No filling, I wouldn't use HD if it filled. That is a big reason why I don't use Menzerna.

Non diminishing, you can work it longer if needed like with deeper scratches.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Tom@3dproducts
Step #3

No filling, I wouldn't use HD if it filled. That is a big reason why I don't use Menzerna.

Non diminishing, you can work it longer if needed like with deeper scratches.
Cool.......
Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

I'll be trying this out soon here. I love Menzerna but like you said it
dusts like crazy.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:40 AM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
I'll be trying this out soon here. I love Menzerna but like you said it
dusts like crazy.
If you have any questions, just let me know.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To HD Poxy - The Original

Quick Reply: HD Poxy - The Original