Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Lint Free Micro-Fiber Towels

Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lint Free Micro-Fiber Towels

Most of the thicker type of micro-fiber towels that I have been using leave some type of lint. I wash correctly with micro-fiber cleaner and dry on low but still always get some type of lint.Anyone know of really great towels that are lint free ,even after a few washings. Willing to pay more, just as long as they are lint free...Thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I also use white vinegar in the rinse (never use fabric softner) and those dryer ***** on my MF towels and see very little to no linting. Wife cleans out the dryer quite often also with a lint tool attached to my vacuum. Maybe that will help some before replacing all your towels ???
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

I always avoid drying my towels in the machine. There is always a chance there is some fabrics softer in the drum of the dryer from normal laundry, and as Killrwheels motioned, fabric softener doesn't play well with MF.

Try boiling them in water with a cupful of vinegar added in, then wash as normal...but let them air dry instead of machine dry.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Most of the thicker type of micro-fiber towels that I have been using leave some type of lint. I wash correctly with micro-fiber cleaner and dry on low but still always get some type of lint.Anyone know of really great towels that are lint free ,even after a few washings. Willing to pay more, just as long as they are lint free...Thanks
just curious, what are you using the mf for? A plush type mf should be for removing wax/polish. I was using plush mf before for my detail spray and waterless wash and had horrible linting. Once I switched to a waffle weave for the prior mentioned, I had no linting. But at the same time, I had no linting when using a plush type mf for removing wax. I really think that a non waffle weave for anything other than wax removal will lint. I think the rubbing on the paint creates too much heat, thus promotes linting..........

and im very religious with washing my mf towels; ive done hypo allergy with no dye perfume, mf dedicated wash, hang drying my towels to tumble drying on low heat...............all with the same result with linting..............I have not tried boiling yet; but im happy with using a waffle weave for detail and waterless wash because thats 95% of my mf needs.

Last edited by Maligator; 10-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:50 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think waffle weave is a great idea!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:46 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
I think waffle weave is a great idea!!!!!!!
http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-microfiber-combo.html

Still need to be treated like MF towels, keep away from other laundry and towels.

Get notified of new replies

To Lint Free Micro-Fiber Towels

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lint Free Micro-Fiber Towels