Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waterless wash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Waterless wash?

I have never used any of the waterless wash products...are they for real? I have heard the "Ultima" product is good. Opinions please
Old 11-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Define waterless? How are you going to get the towels clean you use when doing the "waterless" wash.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus is a concentrate that does a very good job if the car is not excessively dirty (gritty/sandy). You put 1/2 ounce of UWW in a 22 ounce bottle of water, shake it up, and mist the area to be cleaned. Then wipe with a microfiber towel. Or, you can use the bucket method - 1 oz UWW to 3 gallons of water. Soak a microfiber towel in the bucket for a few minutes, then gently wipe a small (24" x 24") area. Use a clean dry microfiber towel to gently dry. (I prefer the bucket method.) UWW makes the surface very slick, and the dirt comes off easily without scratching.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:08 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by beepster
I have never used any of the waterless wash products...are they for real? I have heard the "Ultima" product is good. Opinions please
Its one of my favorite products .... I keep some mixed up as a quick cleanup. You can also use it as rinseless wash or a waterless wash. Its quite concentrated and adds gloss too.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-water...ncentrate.html
Old 11-25-2013, 09:29 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
Define waterless? How are you going to get the towels clean you use when doing the "waterless" wash.
I buy my MF towels by the bale from Costco and toss them after use...don't wash car towels any more. Wifey says they trash our expensive washing machine.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:32 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Its one of my favorite products .... I keep some mixed up as a quick cleanup. You can also use it as rinseless wash or a waterless wash. Its quite concentrated and adds gloss too.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-water...ncentrate.html
I'm tempted to try some of this. Does the concentrate purchased from your website include the mixing/spray bottle?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:04 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I buy my MF towels by the bale from Costco and toss them after use...don't wash car towels any more. Wifey says they trash our expensive washing machine.
I would invest in some nicer MF if they are shedding. Never had issues with ones I have had from AG
Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

You can buy the best product ava, but if you dont have the right technique, your going to jack your paint. I highly recommend you research the Junkmans videos on Adamsforums; regardless of what product you end up buying, this guy knows what hes doing and how to properly water less wash a vehicle.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:38 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you take a waterless bath?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:08 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Our JUST released Rinseless Wash may be of interest to you. It's a SAFE way to wash a dirtier-than-dusy vehicle without the need for a hose.

Check out the info and video here:
Adam's NEW Rinseless Car Wash

Old 11-26-2013, 05:03 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

I'm tempted to try some of this. Does the concentrate purchased from your website include the mixing/spray bottle?
unfortunately no additional bottles are provided, but the bottle with the product has a very cool measuring area to assure proper dilution ratio's. Your gonna love this product.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:29 AM
seoiot123,
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for providing waterless both services...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:08 AM
LSnights09
Advanced

"Waterless wash" is just a detail spray with a higher concentration of product in it. Works fine on cars that are lightly dirty. Anything more you will want to do a proper hand wash to minimize the chance of swirling up the paint. Ultima is good, and another product that really works well is Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
HEB
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by sdk

Yep! But only in the summer months,once a week
Old 01-07-2014, 10:23 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I use 3D waterless car wash. About 4 years now. Have several members of my club using it as well. Costco mf towels are the best. I throw them out when I'm done as well. They make outstanding rags after the car is clean. I hate using water. Makes a mess.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Nicky43
Instructor

I use DP Waterless Car wash and it works great but as stated previously, ONLY on lightly dirty or dusty cars. I never use it straight. I always drive to a self serve spraying car wash and pressure spray the car clean without their cheap soap. Just on the rinse cycle.

Then I drive it home (it's only 1 block away) and use the waterless wash but with 15 MF towels. Then I wash the towels in the wash machine. Be sure to always do this with clean towels.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Dellinger327
Cruising

Meguiar's D114, Rinse Free Express Wash.

It is a 'rinseless wash' that cleans very well, with proper technique. Have plenty of MF towels on hand for a safe 'rinseless wash'... extremely key to prevent paint defects.

I have not noticed streaking on non-metallic black, base colors. (Important to me.)

Piggy-backing on what was said before... I would employ a traditional 2 bucket wash if contamination was anything more than just road spray from wet conditions.

The Meguiar's product dilutes 128:1 and a great value in 1 gallon jugs. Also, an excellent wash product after compound/ polish to remove any residual dust from process and preparing for wax/ sealant.

Best regards,
-Dellinger

Get notified of new replies

To Waterless wash?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sdk
Very soon here in California. Lol. The last drought is why I started using the waterless car wash. It scratches the crap out of my single stage 76 Vette paint, but never on my 13 Cyber Gray Grand Sport. If it does, which it must, it doesn't show. Waterless allows me to do sections at a time, rather than all at once. Hey. I'm getting old!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:53 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vetten76
Very soon here in California. Lol. The last drought is why I started using the waterless car wash. It scratches the crap out of my single stage 76 Vette paint, but never on my 13 Cyber Gray Grand Sport. If it does, which it must, it doesn't show. Waterless allows me to do sections at a time, rather than all at once. Hey. I'm getting old!
Have you studied the tutorials and best practices. When used properly you should not see marring. You might find a rinseless wash system with two buckets more advantageous.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Adams stuff is top notch for hoseless/rinseless wash.

Quick Reply: Waterless wash?