Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What Is so Special about Illusion Show car wax

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:54 PM
habib
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Default What Is so Special about Illusion Show car wax

The price is 129.00 I have used Zaino in the past on my 1998 Vette and Now I have a 2000 red Vette VERT. I will be claying it next week to remove any contaminants. Then I was going to apply Maguiars NXT and then Rejex over that. Is there a noticeable difference with The Illusion wax? Thank you, Also, how easy is it to remove the wax by hand?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

I'm actually a HUGE fan of Auto Finesse Illusion, so I'll chime in.

Illusion is a show car wax that actually lasts a couple months (I've seen 3 at best). For a show car wax, that's not bad!

It is VERY oil-intensive wax, and the texture makes that obvious right away. Illusion spreads very thin and buffs off without a struggle, even if you apply it too thick.

I usually apply all waxes and sealants by machine, but I've found Illusion to apply best by hand.

How's it look though? GREAT! It adds a deep, warm glow to the paint.

Be sure to clay the vehicle first and cleanse the paint using Auto Finesse Rejuvenate Pre-Wax Cleanser.

Auto Finesse Illusion Show Car Wax
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM
habib
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
I'm actually a HUGE fan of Auto Finesse Illusion, so I'll chime in.

Illusion is a show car wax that actually lasts a couple months (I've seen 3 at best). For a show car wax, that's not bad!

It is VERY oil-intensive wax, and the texture makes that obvious right away. Illusion spreads very thin and buffs off without a struggle, even if you apply it too thick.

I usually apply all waxes and sealants by machine, but I've found Illusion to apply best by hand.

How's it look though? GREAT! It adds a deep, warm glow to the paint.

Be sure to clay the vehicle first and cleanse the paint using Auto Finesse Rejuvenate Pre-Wax Cleanser.

Auto Finesse Illusion Show Car Wax
Hi Nick, just ordered it from AutoGeek. Question : Is there a video on how to apply these 2 products( Pre wax cleaner and the Illusion?)
My other question: With Zaino I would return from a ride and just use Detail spray and microfiber towel to get off the dust and also would use it before a car show. How does Illusion product work? Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To What Is so Special about Illusion Show car wax

Quick Reply: What Is so Special about Illusion Show car wax