Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by HERK
I just ordered 5. I hope they work.
I was skeptical about purchasing them. However, given all the positive reviews and tired of having streaky windows I ordered some a couple of weeks ago. Although a little pricey, they do a great job on getting car windows clean. As others have stated, the key seems to be having them completely wrung out before use. My windows have never looked so good. Hope you have success with them also.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:05 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Just tried mine. Seems like the key is to use a tiny amount of water. Anything more and you'll leave droplets. Might try a tiny touch of window cleaning solution instead of water next time.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:30 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by LKYMN
I ordered 5 cloths about 3 weeks ago and they arrived in just a couple of days. I have used them on everything from my car windows to my glass tables, laminated counters, appliances and even wooden furniture!
In every case it worked exactly as advertised.
Several times it left some water in which case I just wringed the cloth again and re-wiped and it was perfect.
One thing I REALLY hate doing is cleaning the light fixture in my 2 story foyer. I don't like heights. But I wiped the all glass fixture with this cloth and I was amazed how much dirt it cleaned off. So much easier than using a spray bottle and then switching to the cloth. Even with a 12 foot Little Giant ladder I am at the highest step recommended so I really want to get it done quickly. This cloth did the trick.
I highly recommend it.
Originally Posted by patriotpa
They do work. I have some.
Originally Posted by BIG B FAB
I ordered one and received it the other day. I've tried quite a few different ways of trying to get the windshield streak free and this is the best thus far.
Originally Posted by NOrrTH
I bought a set for myself and it worked so well I bought a pile more for my friends and family.

If they aren't working for you then you are either using too much or too little water. The magic happens when they are damp but not wet. Also, when they are brand new you have to clean them as it says in the instructions.

Once you learn the right moisture level of the cloth they work far better than anything I've ever used. We even use the big ones on the inside of the house windows.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
If you bought these at Carlisle then they weren't ours. We've never been there.
Well perhaps you need to attend and put and end to this imposter ! after all it's bigger than anything you have in your neck of the woods !
Old 11-02-2016, 10:11 AM
albertwilliam
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On reading this I got an clear Idea about cleaning tips.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:11 AM
kvozel
Safety Car

Location: Centerville OH "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7 & 9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by spearfish25
Just tried mine. Seems like the key is to use a tiny amount of water. Anything more and you'll leave droplets. Might try a tiny touch of window cleaning solution instead of water next time.
Has anyone tried spraying the cloth with something like Invisible Glass?
Old 11-06-2016, 08:34 AM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

I tried 'em. They work. They work better if you wash them and rinse them really well, then a final rinse in distilled water. Finally ring 'em out completely dry then wrap them in paper towels and wring them again. Store the clean towel folded in a Ziploc.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

tried them and they didn't work for me... Newspaper is still the best IMHO..
Old 12-17-2016, 09:51 AM
03 Anti-venom
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Dave

Sent you an email. Thank you

Zeke
Old 01-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Vyper340
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I tired this and am happy to report that they work as advertised. Impressive!! One note is that they are not like a mircrofiber that is like the others. It's more like engineered paper and thin but it does not tear. The fact is they work and work well. Worth getting the five pack!

Very happy with purchases from Southern! Can't wait to see my side rockers that I ordered.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:11 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Guys check out this neat window cleaning tip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxYXppXTeN8
Old 02-15-2017, 11:55 AM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

I had high hopes but found these not to work very well. Have tried all variations of dampness with so so results at best.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

I promise you, this will be the best $6 bucks you EVER spent.

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have then ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

David
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Too difficult to clean inside of windshield because of angle.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

in for 5
Old 06-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Bruce Potter
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crusher
Sir, you may have not been to Carlisle but someone was there selling the exact or very similar product. Looks like a duck walks like a duck, it's a duck. The duck I bought didn't quack......
that settles it for me, as a general rule I dont allow ducks in my Corvette.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Dragon Tamer
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I received my order a couple of weeks ago. Now mind you my wife has an eagle eye and can spot dirt, smudges, etc on the inside / outside of a windshield that looks perfectly clean to me.

For years she always insists that the inside of the cars we have all have filmy surfaces. Especially right after I have busted my butt to make sure they are as clean as I can get them.

I have tried all the different products, all the way down to the basics, vinegar and newspaper (works pretty well).

So, I figured what the hey, I'll drop $30 and see what these will do.

I followed the instructions exactly. Figured I'd try her BMW first. Then I did the Vette, and the truck. I then had an unveil moment, and took her to look at her car first. She was amazed - and told me that that is the cleanest the inside of her windshield looked since she picked it up new.

All I can say, if she is happy, then I am happy. And, yes they do what David stated - they really clean the glass. Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Old 07-06-2017, 09:43 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by Dragon Tamer
I received my order a couple of weeks ago. Now mind you my wife has an eagle eye and can spot dirt, smudges, etc on the inside / outside of a windshield that looks perfectly clean to me.

For years she always insists that the inside of the cars we have all have filmy surfaces. Especially right after I have busted my butt to make sure they are as clean as I can get them.

I have tried all the different products, all the way down to the basics, vinegar and newspaper (works pretty well).

So, I figured what the hey, I'll drop $30 and see what these will do.

I followed the instructions exactly. Figured I'd try her BMW first. Then I did the Vette, and the truck. I then had an unveil moment, and took her to look at her car first. She was amazed - and told me that that is the cleanest the inside of her windshield looked since she picked it up new.

All I can say, if she is happy, then I am happy. And, yes they do what David stated - they really clean the glass. Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.
Thanks for the post! Emphasis on using the towel when it's mostly dry is absolutely right.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Bruce Potter
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im guessing that the film that always appears on the inside of the windshield has a large part to do with the manufacturing oils in the plastics and vinyl used on the dashboards of most cars. Since I dont smoke in the C-6 ( and it would be my guess that many here dont either) it cant be contributed to smoking. I smoke, but not in that car. I figure that when the dash gets hot the oils heat up and escape in the form of a gas. When that gas hits the cooler surface of the windshield, it turns back into an oily film. whatever is used to clean the inside of the windshield has to have some properties to it that allow it to cut that oil film left behind.
My assumption comes from the observation that the side and back windows dont suffer this same film buildup. As I have learned since getting married some many years ago, I could be wrong, I usually am, just ask my wife,,, I only keep her because she loves Corvettes.. ok, there might be some other reasons to keep her.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:24 AM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tamer
Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.
That's the key!

Quick Reply: Corvette Window Washing Trick.....