Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:38 PM
chasboland
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Would it be better to fine mist the cloth with distilled water or run it under water and completely wring out?
Old 08-22-2017, 09:40 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by chasboland
Would it be better to fine mist the cloth with distilled water or run it under water and completely wring out?
I'd go the misting route...you'll find the cloths last longer the less often you get them soaked.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:25 PM
chasboland
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I'd go the misting route...you'll find the cloths last longer the less often you get them soaked.
I received the two clothes and have used them with some success. However, I am a little disappointed they leave behind small, minute parts of fabric behind after swiping the windshield. To rectify this I have used a cotton cloth afterwards. Any Thoughts or advice? I did not rinse off the cloth, just misted it with distilled water.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:19 AM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Just placed an order
Mike Anthony
Old 10-11-2017, 09:58 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

I promise you, this will be the best $6 bucks you EVER spent.

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have then ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

David
Old 10-18-2017, 09:46 PM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I fell for it. Snake oil.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:36 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I received my order a couple of weeks ago. Now mind you my wife has an eagle eye and can spot dirt, smudges, etc on the inside / outside of a windshield that looks perfectly clean to me.

For years she always insists that the inside of the cars we have all have filmy surfaces. Especially right after I have busted my butt to make sure they are as clean as I can get them.

I have tried all the different products, all the way down to the basics, vinegar and newspaper (works pretty well).

So, I figured what the hey, I'll drop $30 and see what these will do.

I followed the instructions exactly. Figured I'd try her BMW first. Then I did the Vette, and the truck. I then had an unveil moment, and took her to look at her car first. She was amazed - and told me that that is the cleanest the inside of her windshield looked since she picked it up new.

All I can say, if she is happy, then I am happy. And, yes they do what David stated - they really clean the glass. Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:02 AM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by petsur
I fell for it. Snake oil.
I had similar experience.. Even if it worked as stated, you still have to do it yourself. IMO Best give the kid (they're flexible enough to reach it) at the hand car wash extra few bucks gratuity to get it right...
Old 03-23-2023, 08:24 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

All pending orders are shipping today!
Old 05-15-2023, 12:22 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the order
https://www.southerncarparts.com/ult...oth-p-712.html
Old 07-21-2023, 03:24 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the order
Old 08-08-2023, 12:50 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the order

Quick Reply: Corvette Window Washing Trick.....