Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Black paint and thinking about surf city garage black edge.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Quintenblackvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black paint and thinking about surf city garage black edge.

:posted this up in the c5 forum, thought I might have better luck here:
Hi all, I was thinking about buying some scg black edge starter kit. Has anyone used scg black edge, if so is it worth using? My car has swirls and I'm tiring to get the best looking paint I can. It has visible swirl marks in the sun and I just want to get the paint looking great. I usually do a decent job, with my car. I just want to do better, I usually use megiures black wax, But I wanted to try something different to see if one is better than the other in my next paint care cycle coming up in may.

This is what I usuly do for paint care, 3 to 4 months apart
1 wash car in dawn to strip wax
2. 2 times a year I clay bar.
3. use 3m imperial glaze.
4. then wax.
5wash and use black detail spray in between weekly.

I'm thinking about incorporating a polish. If so what step would that be? I’m thinking between 3 and 4. Maybe even a sealent to.

Also Could someone explain to me paint correction products, or the best way to get out swirls or a really good paint care schedule? The pic was the last time I did paint care two-in- a- half months ago. I just want to be as informed as I can when it comes to paint and take the best car of it, since I daily my car.

The other one was in a garage after I drove it in the rain and has some dust on it since it was a open air garage. ( would dust accumliation hurt the paint? I usuly spray off the dust inbetwwen washes)

Also I'm thingking about having it detailed, could a professional get a better looking finish that I could, I enjoy doing it, I just want my paint to be as swirl free as possible and in the best shape possibe.
Has anyone had problems with profesional detailers?
Ive done those steps since I bought it from the P/o could I have harmed the paint with how I've cared for it? I know thats alot, any advice would be appriciated thanks
Attached Images   
Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 AM
hougland
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quintenblackvette
:posted this up in the c5 forum, thought I might have better luck here:
Hi all, I was thinking about buying some scg black edge starter kit. Has anyone used scg black edge, if so is it worth using? My car has swirls and I'm tiring to get the best looking paint I can. It has visible swirl marks in the sun and I just want to get the paint looking great. I usually do a decent job, with my car. I just want to do better, I usually use megiures black wax, But I wanted to try something different to see if one is better than the other in my next paint care cycle coming up in may.

This is what I usuly do for paint care, 3 to 4 months apart
1 wash car in dawn to strip wax
2. 2 times a year I clay bar.
3. use 3m imperial glaze.
4. then wax.
5wash and use black detail spray in between weekly.

I'm thinking about incorporating a polish. If so what step would that be? I’m thinking between 3 and 4. Maybe even a sealent to.

Also Could someone explain to me paint correction products, or the best way to get out swirls or a really good paint care schedule? The pic was the last time I did paint care two-in- a- half months ago. I just want to be as informed as I can when it comes to paint and take the best car of it, since I daily my car.

The other one was in a garage after I drove it in the rain and has some dust on it since it was a open air garage. ( would dust accumliation hurt the paint? I usuly spray off the dust inbetwwen washes)

Also I'm thingking about having it detailed, could a professional get a better looking finish that I could, I enjoy doing it, I just want my paint to be as swirl free as possible and in the best shape possibe.
Has anyone had problems with profesional detailers?
Ive done those steps since I bought it from the P/o could I have harmed the paint with how I've cared for it? I know thats alot, any advice would be appriciated thanks
Old 04-06-2014, 06:49 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Wash == Clay == Iron-X == Polish == Protect

To truly prep a finish before the wax or sealant of your choice, you need to decontaminant paint and polish (correct) the surface from defects. You will want to use a machine and a two-three step process the first time.

If you choose a true professional, expect to pay by the hour with a minimum. Likely 350.00 or higher to start. For the same price you could consider buying a polishing package with machine and being able to do it time and again.

Get notified of new replies

To Black paint and thinking about surf city garage black edge.

Quick Reply: Black paint and thinking about surf city garage black edge.