Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Decent car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 04:01 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Decent car cover?

ok guys I park under a carport and the *** end of the vette is sticking out about 3 ft. so its uncovered. The carport is attached to a shop so was thinking about hacking out 4 ft of the shop wall so the nose will fit in and the car will be completely under cover. materials for the project will be under $100. The other option I have is buying a real good car cover to keep the elements off the car during the winter, my question is where can I find a good enuff cover and how much are they? plez reply only if you've had experience with a good cover, thanx
Old 09-12-2014, 04:11 PM
gunnersguru
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 5 layer cheap-0 from the bay 48bucks . I like it , its thick and is of better quality then I thought it would be. I don't think I would cut a hole in the side of a shop
Old 09-12-2014, 05:03 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gunnersguru
I bought a 5 layer cheap-0 from the bay 48bucks . I like it , its thick and is of better quality then I thought it would be. I don't think I would cut a hole in the side of a shop
the hole in the wall plan was my last ditch effort and am needing alternatives, can you tell me the brand of cover your referring to? thanx
Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 PM
gunnersguru
Advanced

Default cover

Originally Posted by riversidedan1
the hole in the wall plan was my last ditch effort and am needing alternatives, can you tell me the brand of cover your referring to? thanx
thecarcover yes its all one word I have the 5layer
Old 09-12-2014, 09:19 PM
my1stvette98
Advanced

The Wall. You can buy from corvetteamerica.com for 84.00
Old 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Jaybo
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you posted this, because I'm in a similar situation.

Mine is about to come back from the resurrection shop, with the first new paint since 1976, and I'll be using a carport until I can make better arrangements. I need a cover to keep weather and critters off.

Get notified of new replies

To Decent car cover?

Quick Reply: Decent car cover?