Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette
View Poll Results: Please vote for the one you use (or like best)
Pro Speed Wax
4.76%
SCG- Speed Demon Wax Detailer
0%
Adams Detail Spray
57.14%
Griots Speed Shine
38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Detail, Which One and Why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 11:02 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
great question :

Quick Detailer -- designed as a quick cleaning product. It has a light soap and lubrication to help with minor cleaning. (ie birdie doo doo)

Detail Spray --- this spray is often a gloss based or polymer based spray that adds to the looks and is temporary in design. It is used after each wash and day of the show type activities. No cleaning ...

Spray Sealant / Spray Wax -- these products often combine the Detail Spray with some protection to last longer. Most products have NO cleaning and NO polishing ability so best used on good paint . These products are great after washing to extend the time between traditional waxing and washing. --some soaps now have this included in them, calling themselves wash/wax soaps.

Boosters -- boosters are often designed much like spray wax/sealant in that they boost or enhance the original wax or sealant product. They are used to also extend the original wax product. These products are often designed with the same ingredients as the original wax and work together to "boost" the original coat.

As with all car care products, the names are sometimes used interchangeably. It is best to read the description of the product and how the manufacturer suggests using it. Some products can be finicky when used on different brands, some can streak, and some maybe more difficult to remove than others. When in doubt visit a car care forum and do a search on the product(s) being considered and read the reviews from professionals and weekend detailers alike. Sometimes there are quick hints to really amplify the results also.
Thats good info thanks for the reply. I just had a sealant put on the new C7 so Im guessing a good detail spray is all I really need now for awhile? Its a DD so cant really keep it show room like but want to protect it as much as possiible.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:10 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
Thats good info thanks for the reply. I just had a sealant put on the new C7 so Im guessing a good detail spray is all I really need now for awhile? Its a DD so cant really keep it show room like but want to protect it as much as possiible.
Detail Spray for good looks indeed ... or a booster to keep building the protection, which is always good for DD.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:56 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
None of the above.
Pledge has been my #1 choice for the last 30 years. My reasoning is because Pledge is better and way less expensive than any of those products.
. . . and it leaves your car lemony fresh.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Merlinii
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
What sealant did you have applied?

Quick Reply: Quick Detail, Which One and Why?