Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Cleaning Vinyl Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 PM
cgarcer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cleaning Vinyl Seats

I have a 77 Corvette. I was looking online for ways to clean the vinyl seats and preserve them to avoid having to replace them right away. I stumbled across a forum where someone recommended cleaning with Goop hand cleaner while the seats are out of the car. Anyone here tried this? Thoughts?
Old 10-24-2014, 07:20 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I use a vinly/leather cleaner and then apply a vinly/learther conditioner. The other thing I have done is switch my dirver and passanger seats as the driver is ususlly showing more signs of wear. Good luck
Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

I just use a vinyl cleaner let dry and then I put Surf City Voodo Blend leather conditioner on seats. I have black seats and after I have using Voodoo Blend they look a richer deeper black, Also the crack marks appear to be faded . You can buy Voodoo Blend online or I found it at Walmart. Here are couple picture of seats after using conditioner.
Attached Images   
Old 10-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cgarcer
I have a 77 Corvette. I was looking online for ways to clean the vinyl seats and preserve them to avoid having to replace them right away. I stumbled across a forum where someone recommended cleaning with Goop hand cleaner while the seats are out of the car. Anyone here tried this? Thoughts?
http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayvin.html

by the makers of Lexol ... been around from years !!

Get notified of new replies

To Cleaning Vinyl Seats

Quick Reply: Cleaning Vinyl Seats