Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino Heresy

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:23 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Zaino Heresy

I am a Zaino man all the way, but yesterday I used some "garden variety over the counter" "Lucas Oil Quick Mist" on my tow vehicle Escalade after a wash. The Esky has many coats of Zaino and I felt guilty using the Lucas stuff over the Zaino but damn it worked well. I like that you spray it on the wet vehicle and when you dry with a microfiber drying towel it leaves a great slick shine! I am curious if others out there have used the Lucas product over Zaino. I have thought about using Z8 in the same way (spray on a wet car and wipe dry) but I wonder if this just dilutes and wastes the $$$ Z8- anybody have an opinion on this?

Thanks in advance.

BIGMAC
Old 11-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
I am a Zaino man all the way, but yesterday I used some "garden variety over the counter" "Lucas Oil Quick Mist" on my tow vehicle Escalade after a wash. The Esky has many coats of Zaino and I felt guilty using the Lucas stuff over the Zaino but damn it worked well. I like that you spray it on the wet vehicle and when you dry with a microfiber drying towel it leaves a great slick shine! I am curious if others out there have used the Lucas product over Zaino. I have thought about using Z8 in the same way (spray on a wet car and wipe dry) but I wonder if this just dilutes and wastes the $$$ Z8- anybody have an opinion on this?

Thanks in advance.

BIGMAC
Apply Z-8 after the entire car is dry. Let it bond to surface…

I use Z-8 the next day after using Z-2p….
Old 12-05-2014, 11:23 PM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMAC

Thanks in advance.

BIGMAC
I always use a leaf blower to get the majority of water off my cars after washing. Once done I usually spray Z-8 on the car and wipe dry with a waffle weave or 100% cotton towel and have never had any issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino Heresy

Quick Reply: Zaino Heresy