Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Can I use spot remover on microfiber towels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Default Can I use spot remover on microfiber towels?

I've finally convinced my wife not to use bleach, as per the guidance given here. So she wants to know if she can use spot remover to deal with the brake dust that makes some of my towels so black.

Any opinions here?
Old 11-16-2014, 08:04 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

MF towels are going to get discolored over time with the many different areas of car care. I have noticed no issues using a degreaser or a spot remover (Resolve, Shout) on them. I often find soaking them in the pad cleaner works best but some stains will remain. It should not effect their abilities.

If your wife feels the towels are in need of softening, don't use anything like Downey. You can use white vinegar in the rinse but over time it can break down towels. You can also use those dryer ***** to try and control some of the static they often show.

Great towels and unique indeed ....
Old 11-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
MF towels are going to get discolored over time with the many different areas of car care. I have noticed no issues using a degreaser or a spot remover (Resolve, Shout) on them. I often find soaking them in the pad cleaner works best but some stains will remain. It should not effect their abilities.

If your wife feels the towels are in need of softening, don't use anything like Downey. You can use white vinegar in the rinse but over time it can break down towels. You can also use those dryer ***** to try and control some of the static they often show.

Thanks. It's Resolve that she wants to use. I don't much care one way or the other, but it makes her happy.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Koufax
Thanks. It's Resolve that she wants to use. I don't much care one way or the other, but it makes her happy.
Happy Wife ... Happy Life !!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 AM
coryjenkinscpa1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek

Great.......let me ask my partner to work this way and see how she feels..
Old 11-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Looks like my night for MF towels. Do not use anything on MF towels, but liquid detergent, I found plain Tide, no fragrances, works as good as anything on the market today) As Killrwheels state use white vinegar in the rinse cycle, if you have "city water." Some stains based on usage will be normal. As an FYI, before I started my own detailing shop I bough towels from Autogeek. 8 years later we are still using them and they are just as good as the day we bought them. Kudo's/Testament to Autogeek towels.
Use the infamous Warehouse towels for the wheel/brake dust/suspension/engine cleaning, and who cares if they are stained. Save the high quality towels for paint.

Get notified of new replies

To Can I use spot remover on microfiber towels?

Quick Reply: Can I use spot remover on microfiber towels?