Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Extended Coverage/Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Geocollins
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Coverage/Warranty

New to the forum and buying my first vette tomorrow. I'm sure I won't sleep tonight.
I am buying a 2012 GS 4LT 6sp MT Centennial Edition vert with just 2400 miles on it. It is a CPO which will give me 12 months of bumper to bumper coverage and an additional 5 years of power train coverage.
Dealer is offering no deductible bumper to bumper coverage till March 2020 (basically an additional 5 years of bumper to bumper coverage over CPO) for $2300.

Question: Do you think it's worth it and would you purchase it?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Being new to the vette family, im not sure how likely I am to need this coverage and whether or not it is a good value.

Last edited by Geocollins; 11-21-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

I bought a extended warranty when I purchased my 2004 a few years ago in 2010 . I'm not a mechanic, but can turn a wrench . I wanted a peace of mind so the cost of warranty was worth it to me. I bought GM Protection plan warranty at a GM dealer. I bought car out of state from non GM dealer. A few of my friends have mechanic one aftermarket warranty but I felt more comfortable with GM warranty. I did use warranty once for gas tank crossover problem and warranty cover complete repair and the cost of repair was more than what I paid for warranty. So in the end it was well worth it for me . Good luck with your corvette and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by Borntorun04/17; 11-20-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Geocollins
Advanced

Originally Posted by Borntorun04
I bought a extended warranty when I purchased my 2004 a few years ago in 2010 . I'm not a mechanic, but can turn a wrench . I wanted a peace of mind so the cost of warranty was worth it to me. I bought GM Protection plan warranty at a GM dealer. I bought car out of state from non GM dealer. A few of my friends have mechanic one aftermarket warranty but I felt more comfortable with GM warranty. I did use warranty once for gas tank crossover problem and warranty cover complete repair and the cost of repair was more than what I paid for warranty. So in the end it was well worth it for me . Good luck with your corvette and enjoy the ride.
Thank you!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 PM
sierra 43
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought an extended warranty for my 2012 Camaro ZL1, and my 2011 Ford F250 diesel, both bought new. Luckily the ZL1 has been without any need of it, but the F250 has been a different story. When I saw the bill without the warranty, I looked at it as money well spent. I do not have warranties on either of my vettes, (c4 and c5).
Old 11-22-2014, 09:06 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

with the price of goods and all the computer related products in a car now, a warranty is a good choice for a long term purchase. I do however suggest looking to Ken Fitchner and the CorvetteForum for best pricing on GM backed warranties. (there are two, GMPP and Chevrolet Protection Plan)
Old 11-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Geocollins
Advanced

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
with the price of goods and all the computer related products in a car now, a warranty is a good choice for a long term purchase. I do however suggest looking to Ken Fitchner and the CorvetteForum for best pricing on GM backed warranties. (there are two, GMPP and Chevrolet Protection Plan)
I have reached out to him - Thanks!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:00 AM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Abel Chevrolet

You also might try RichieRichZ06 at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista CA.
He/they are forum supporters and will match / beat any out there..

http://www.abelgm.com/

Ask for Rich Wilhoff...

Get notified of new replies

To Extended Coverage/Warranty

Quick Reply: Extended Coverage/Warranty