Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

C6 Trickle Charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:25 PM
jjfrick
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Trickle Charger

I have a 2006 C6 and just bought a trickle charger to keep the battery charged during this coming winter. One of the options for this unit is to use the vehicle accessory 12v/DC plug. Do any of you think this is a good option for this Vette or should I go with the battery terminal hookup?? Thank you for any advice you may offer! Joe Frick
Old 12-22-2014, 12:29 PM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the cigarette lighter adaptor plug for my CTEK and plug it into the outlet inside the console (2011 GS). I have also used the cigarette lighter outlet, but find, in my case, the plug seats more firmly in the console outlet. I run the cord through the open passenger side window and cover the car. This has worked well for me.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:17 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I use the adapter plug in the rear compartment area on my C7. Just run the cord out the side of the hatch and don't shut it completely.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:54 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I ran both the Ctek and upgraded to the Optima charger with my C6. I used the traditional battery mounts and dropped cord between manifold and engine cover when cool. Easily plugged into wall with extension cord. Never an issue and easy to remove when I wanted to drive or run car.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Trickle Charger

Quick Reply: C6 Trickle Charger