Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Found Something New for Paint Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:07 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Found Something New for Paint Treatment

I've been detailing my cars for the better part of 20 years. I have tried nearly every consumer product for removing slight scratches in the clear and swirls.

Until now, the best results were with using Griots Machine Polish and the Griots DA. I would start with a wash, then clay bar then wash and dry. I would then use MP1 and do the entire car. Then move on to MP2 then MP3. While this gave good results, it took forever and still did not remove all the clear scratches.

So this year a good friend gave me the below for Christmas.

Amazon Amazon

So having just purchased a 15, I knew I would have to go through my routine again. This time my vette is black and there were a lot of minor scratches. My dealer did not PDI my car so luckily, no swirls.

I just spent about 6 hours using the kit my buddy got me for Christmas and I'm SOLD! There is not one scratch left anywhere on the car. Even a couple that thought were too deep, came out with little effort.

I'm snowing out but here are 3 pictures done with a crappy cell camera. One shot directly at the door so you see the junk in my garage in the reflection. The other is taken directly over the hatch looking down. The third is just a quick shot of the one side. When the weather clears and I get some sealant on it, I'll take better outdoor pictures.

If you need to get light scratches and swirls out of your car, this kit REALLY works.

PS. I used to spend a lot of time in this section but have been out of this for a couple years. This product may be old news. I did not see a thread about it but my search is not working right. If this is old news, please disregard.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:59 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Microfiber polishing/cutting pads have been out for a couple years now. They are indeed often a step up from foam pads. Lots of manufacturers offer them and you should purchase the ones that work best or designed to work with your buffer type. (rotary, random).

Please provide some outside pics when possible, love the C7!!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:15 AM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I have used that kit with good results as well.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 PM
RogerT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finishing Wax ?

Your kit contains the products for compounding and polishing, The result looks very nice. Well done.

Have you considered using the finishing wax that goes along with this system? ( 16 oz, D301016 $7.49, 32 oz. D301032 $9.99, gal. D30101 $30.73 )

Roger T
Old 02-01-2015, 01:01 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Roger T
Your kit contains the products for compounding and polishing, The result looks very nice. Well done.

Have you considered using the finishing wax that goes along with this system? ( 16 oz, D301016 $7.49, 32 oz. D301032 $9.99, gal. D30101 $30.73 )

Roger T
Thanks Roger! I finished with multiple coats of Zaino. I have tried many other products and this seem to make my cars pop more than any other sealant or wax I have tried. It's more effort but I have ti down to a science at this point.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:03 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Microfiber polishing/cutting pads have been out for a couple years now. They are indeed often a step up from foam pads. Lots of manufacturers offer them and you should purchase the ones that work best or designed to work with your buffer type. (rotary, random).

Please provide some outside pics when possible, love the C7!!

Thanks. There has been snow/salt on the ground since Christmas. I hope to get it out soon for some outside pictures. I have about 4 coats of Zaino on it and it really pops.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:01 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
multiple coats of Zaino. I have ti down to a science at this point.
Love to learn the specifics, as their guide is not too helpful and I have a fleet to detail and need to order!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:41 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by whalepirot
Love to learn the specifics, as their guide is not too helpful and I have a fleet to detail and need to order!
visit our forum (see toolbar at www.autogeek.net )and look up Mike Phillips, you will find some enhanced write ups on the use of these pads.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:11 AM
KBsToy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
visit our forum (see toolbar at www.autogeek.net )and look up Mike Phillips, you will find some enhanced write ups on the use of these pads.
Being a novice myself Ag has help me a great deal on techniques and products. Browse their forum also

Get notified of new replies

To Found Something New for Paint Treatment

Quick Reply: Found Something New for Paint Treatment